Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 168: New Tokyo Disneyland expansion details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:12 am

^ :nina:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:11 am

dreynolds1982 wrote:Those AAs look incredible. At one point in the video, I thought I was looking at a CGI version of Belle before realizing it was an AA. With this, Star Wars: RotR, etc, it's nice to see Disney doubling down on AAs, practical effects, etc, while so many other parks (cough cough Universal) are so screen focused. And if these and other recent WDI AAs are any indication, I can't wait to see all the stormtroopers in RotR.

I was particularly impressed with the "walking Belle" AA.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:21 am

Agreed. The fact that they can make these figures *walk* now (see Olaf in Frozen Ever After) blows my mind. It really takes them to the next level.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:24 am

Wasn't one of the Ben Franklin AAs in The American Adventure at EPCOT, the first "walking AA"?

Trying to remember, here. :smile: He "walked up stairs" I think.

It's such a long stretch of time (to me), between then and now. But I'm glad they're making some really
awesome AAs (like Olaf) that do more than stand in one place. This Belle looks amazing! All of them, lol!

P.S. If this is what they're doing with AAs in "Beauty and The Beast", I can't stop thinking about what they're going to come up with, for the new Frozen attraction over in the "Fantasy/Magic Springs" of TDS? I did read (probably here?) they didn't want a clone of the "Frozen Ever After" flume ride, at EPCOT. They wanted something original and "E ticket" worthy.

Can't wait for that! :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Wasn't one of the Ben Franklin AAs in The American Adventure at EPCOT, the first "walking AA"?

Trying to remember, here. :smile: He "walked up stairs" I think.

That'd be correct. Nice to see someone actually acknowledging the existence of American Adventure. :lol:

Regarding the video... oh my God. That AA is one of the best I've ever seen. Disney never ceases to amaze me.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:23 pm

I always loved the fact that Oriental Land Co never spares any expense when it comes to these parks. This looks incredible. Love that Disney is also giving more "peaks behind the curtain" now too.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:54 pm

There's something to be said about how Disney is developing this attraction and the others as part of both expansions. I've always preferred the way they do things - they would much rather bring us as guests into the animated world as opposed to bringing characters (and the uncanny valley) into our world in a "photorealistic" way. Their way, to me, is much more immersive.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:56 am

Seems even Japan/Tokyo Disney is sadly not as immune from stupid people as we all hoped: https://kotaku.com/instagram-manners-and-tokyo-disneyland-1830978962

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby thaliadaniels » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:40 am

One of the items in my bucket list is a trip to Tokyo Disney Land. How was it like there?Wish my schedule would permit to visit soon!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:04 am

Garet wrote:Seems even Japan/Tokyo Disney is sadly not as immune from stupid people as we all hoped: https://kotaku.com/instagram-manners-and-tokyo-disneyland-1830978962

It's sad. I feel like this is the start to their slow downfall into idiocracy like the rest of the world. I remember watching Europe fall into our terrible patterns and now to see this happening there also...it hurts a little.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!