Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 168: New Tokyo Disneyland expansion details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby TBpony414 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:50 pm

^^ I'm really digging that popcorn inspired chandelier in the one concept art picture you posted, Bill!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:57 pm

^ I love it too! And I am hoping it turns out very much like the concept art shows.
And at least three varieties of popcorn available there. Not just one,
like each cart has. And popcorn buckets a-plenty too, lol! :smile:

By the way, just an observation...but it appears to me that in all the new concept art about what's going in at the back of DisneySea,
there is still a 2nd "passageway" I could make out in the other art, that goes up the (left to inside guests) side of the Beauty/Beast
show building, in Disneyland that could lead, crossing a section of road with either a bridge or a tunnel, into the new area that is
now to be built. The entry into the Magic Springs would be around where the Frozen port would be. Between it and the
Tangled port. And between Tangled and Peter Pan would be the entry/exit in Disney Sea. (What I can make out from it all.)

Could this be their answer to traveling between parks, like Universal Orlando? Park Hopper Pass needed, just like Universal?
Without leaving the park itself? Like you have to do now, if park hopping between TDL and TDS? Oooo, maybe something like
the elevated railway in TDS, but with enclosed windows like the Hogwarts Express in Universal Orlando, or the Ocean Express
(Which is actually going up/down through a mountain and not the ocean, but really who cares? It's awesome!) in Ocean Park, Hong Kong?

Ha! Disney could call it the "Magic Springs Express"!

Just an observation of all the concept art available. :mickey: (Maybe it will be The New Project, after 2022 when this is all built and open, by?)

#BlueSkyDreaming
overall-view.jpg
In the concept art, the Popcorn Shop looks to be there, beyond the upper left area of the Big Hero 6 attraction.
tdr-fantasyland-expansion10.png
It's not an even line up, but it gives some idea of where a "Magical Pathway" could be put,
connecting the two parks either on foot, or a transport attraction like the train at Universal Orlando.
tdr-02.png
Until the foundations are set, I'm not that sure of where Peter Pan and Tangled will actually go, as well as Frozen and the hotel.
But a back path from TDL could still be possible, from what I see. Other people posted these (including the artwork)
w/o their names, so Thank You to whoever got these shots!
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:24 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:16 am

http://www.tdrexplorer.com just posted a new list of menu items for this summer's Pirates Summer at Disney Sea.
Everything looks awesome, including things like souvenir plates and cups, etc. you can get in addition to the
food and drink. Pirates Summer runs from July 8 through to September 2.

https://tdrexplorer.com/tokyo-disneysea-pirates-summer-menu-2018/
pirates-summer-food2018.jpg

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:11 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:What I'm more curious about is what will happen to Peter Pan's Flight in Fantasyland at Tokyo Disneyland once this area opens... It would be redundant to have this ride and two more rides in Tokyo DisneySea.

You mean like how Midway Mania makes Astro Blasters redundant? Or the Star Wars lands and Star Tours? Multiple attractions based on one franchise have co-existed in different parks at the same resort for YEARS now. Why would this be any different?
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:13 am.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:21 pm

New merchandise for sale now during the Celebrate! TDL Season.

More on this posted at http://www.tdrexplorer.com :mickey:
celebrate-TDL2018.jpeg
Ooooo a light-up Castle! And the rest are what they call Plush Badges. "The Dog with the Key" is especially cute.
natsu-matsuri-2018.jpeg
...along with all the Natsu Matsuri plush badges available now, as well.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:50 am

robbalvey wrote:
jedimaster1227 wrote:What I'm more curious about is what will happen to Peter Pan's Flight in Fantasyland at Tokyo Disneyland once this area opens... It would be redundant to have this ride and two more rides in Tokyo DisneySea.

You mean like how Midway Mania makes Astro Blasters redundant? Or the Star Wars lands and Star Tours? Multiple attractions based on one franchise have co-existed in different parks at the same resort for YEARS now. Why would this be any different?

I do agree that there can easily be two Pan attractions. It's just the description of the new ride in TDS, does sound very similar to the ride in TDL, but they can easily both exist. But I am going to guess that the TDL one is replaced with a totally new ride/theme. And honestly, I hope it is.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:13 pm

^ The main difference I see between two PP attractions, if there's one in each park, is the storylines:

In TDL
you ride your own ship and follow along with Peter and Tink as they rescue all the Darling kids.

(proposed) In TDS you ride in a boat down a river (that's what the description called it) and
everybody helps Peter and Tink and the Lost Boys rescue John Darling. (w/a SPOILER left out)

And that's it, all technology aside. :mickey:

P.S. If they do close the original PP before/after this new one opens, there's a good chance they may still replace
it with the (proposed) new Mary Poppins ride, the first of which is heading to EPCOT and the UK pavilion.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:11 pm

Somebody has recently posted information about the attractions being created for the new "Port" in Disney Sea:

Some new info on the DisneySea expansion rides:

Frozen - 95,900 sq.ft - Boat Ride
Tangled - 38,900 sq.ft - Boat Ride
Peter Pan - 82,100 sq.ft - Motion-base Ride
Tinkerbell - 5,800 sq.ft - Trackless Ride

For comparison, Sinbad is 60,000 and Hunny Hunt is 50,000

They also post that the Tink attraction will be like Aquatopia and/or Luigi's Roadsters (DCA).

I thought Sleepy Hollow was just a Character Meet, not with a ride attraction, too. Surprise! :smile:
This was also a translation from a Japanese news source. So.....? Anyone else read anything like this?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby KPTSN » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:18 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Somebody has recently posted information about the attractions being created for the new "Port" in Disney Sea:

Some new info on the DisneySea expansion rides:

Frozen - 95,900 sq.ft - Boat Ride
Tangled - 38,900 sq.ft - Boat Ride
Peter Pan - 82,100 sq.ft - Motion-base Ride
Tinkerbell - 5,800 sq.ft - Trackless Ride

For comparison, Sinbad is 60,000 and Hunny Hunt is 50,000

They also post that the Tink attraction will be like Aquatopia and/or Luigi's Roadsters (DCA).

I thought Sleepy Hollow was just a Character Meet, not with a ride attraction, too. Surprise! :smile:
This was also a translation from a Japanese news source. So.....? Anyone else read anything like this?

That sounds really promising! Still quite a bit of mystery with the Peter Pan ride tech. And it looks like Tangled will be the same size as Frozen Ever After at Epcot according to those figures. I was hoping for something a bit grander (doing justice to the lantern scene in the film) but it could still be a nice E-ticket even with a smaller scale than the other two headliners.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:16 pm

^ Since it's Tokyo Disney, I'm sure the tech and design for the new Pan ride will blow the old Pan ride "out of the water" so to speak. :wink:

And "motion-base ride" to me, means like the Indiana Jones bases for the "transport vehicles" in DL and TDL.
It could be like that. Or something totally awesome-ly new!

:mickey:

p.s. And in the main concept art (Page 161) Pixie Hollow is definitely between the new hotel and the Pirate Ship/lagoon, there.
BTW, it'd be great of it was like a "dry Aquatopia" with a lot of themeing to go through. Giant leaves to ride in! :smile: Just an idea here.
disneysea-expansion-peter-pan-800x452a.png
Where the Pixie Hollow ride is going.
DryAutopiaTDS.jpg
Pixie Hollow Attraction = Imagine this, riding in giant leaves and/or flowers (possible?),
traveling through the green-and-themed Hollow. I can!
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:07 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!