Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 172: Soaring: Fantastic Flights opens on July 23rd, 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:12 am

I really hope that the Pan ride is a thrill ride. It would be cool to use that IP!

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:16 am

^It sounds kind of like it will take a Midway Mania interactive approach since it's talking about "battling" and 3D rendering, but I'm hoping the ride system will be a bit more dynamic in conjunction with that compared to something like Midway Mania (maybe something akin to the vehicles on Spiderman or Transformers?)

But overall seriously awesome news, definitely worth waiting two extra weeks for! :b :br
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:38 am

I think you might be misunderstanding the description. It doesn't say we are battling Captain Hook, it says we fly into a battle, to rescue John. I don't think this will be a shooting ride.

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:43 am

^Fair enough, guess I'm just trying to read a little too deep into some of the clues. :roll:
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:47 am

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:
Garet wrote:
Located here will be a heartwarming attraction that tells the story of Elsa and her beloved sister, Anna. Guests will board boats and experience the sisters’ heartfelt journey while enjoying iconic songs from the film and encountering surprising thrills. Also located in this area will be a restaurant set inside Arendelle Castle at the foot of beautiful, snow-capped mountains.

A clone of Epcot's boat ride perhaps? Although I'd love to see Tokyo do something with the technology of Shanghai's Pirates ride. Perhaps that will be for Rapunzel's boat ride.

Its is extremely unlikely that this new ride will be a clone of the ride in EPCOT. Not that it couldn't be the same ride system, but to build a clone, when you have the ability to make it better seems unlikely. Also....this is Japan...it will be done better. LOL

I look at the following line of the press release for direction as to whether any of this would have come from an existing installation...

The four attractions and the Disney hotel have been newly developed expressly for this project. This new themed port is certain to enhance the appeal of Tokyo DisneySea, the only Disney Park themed to the myths and legends of the sea.

At most, I think you'll see the animatronic and show technologies developed for Frozen Ever After and Shanghai's attractions put to use in the development of these new attractions. I can't imagine you'll see carbon copies of anything when language like this indicates that this is truly new development exclusively for Tokyo.

What I'm more curious about is what will happen to Peter Pan's Flight in Fantasyland at Tokyo Disneyland once this area opens... It would be redundant to have this ride and two more rides in Tokyo DisneySea.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Ooooo, that's right! I forgot that they had a Peter Pan ride. And this new ride does have a similar storyline So, I would bet it closes and a new ride come to that spot!

I am sure some purests will be angry at this thought... but the peter pan rides, though fun and unique, are kinda silly. The DL one gets a pass; it was the first, and crammed into a small space. But, all the other ones had the ability to be something much better, and different. And, they really aren't. So, I am really hoping this new ride will be just that! And the old ride gets gutted! lol.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:52 pm

There were recent rumors (or actual plans? I forget) to put a Mary Poppins dark ride with the UK pavilion at EPCOT.
Maybe they might put a clone of it, into the space where Peter Pan is/was in TDL? After the other Pan attraction is
built and opened at TDS?

Since David and I weren't planning to get there until 2025, after this new expansion is built, there might even be another
expansion announced by 2022 (ooooo Maybe that -now- unused other corner of TDS? And the then-vacated PP space in DL?), and
we'll be looking at several new "Lands" and attractions/shows/eats/shops to enjoy, besides all the other awesome stuff there! Whew!

:mickey:
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:25 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby wmay » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:17 pm

How does Tangled/Rapunzel fit into the whole Sea concept?
I have no doubt that this project is going to end up being nothing short of amazing, but it feels like it would fit way better into the new Fantasyland area.
I'm not sure how I feel about merging the two parks unique identities like this. The new area even borders on Disneyland's Fantasyland section so it feels like they could have easily decided that it would just be part of the new Fantasyland expansion instead.
I'm still excited though. Disneysea is my favorite park and I'm sure this will make it even more amazing!
Top Parks: DisneySea. The end.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:45 pm

What an announcement! Those lands each look amazing.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:24 pm

wmay wrote:How does Tangled/Rapunzel fit into the whole Sea concept?

Well, apparently the "back story" of all of this, rests with a Magic Springs suddenly opening up out of the ground,
turning into a waterway, which fills various other waterways-to-be, etc. I thought it might be a runoff river from
the main waterway around TDS. It still might. And the public entry/exit pathway of this, appears to only be between
Raging Spirits and the Magic Carpets attraction. And for those who stay at the new hotel, too.

Plans can change of course, but that's the best connect I can give you, for now. It could have been called DisneyWaters, right? :wink:

P.S. Anybody notice, like I did, that this is a rather big number of "boat rides" opening, all at once? Just curious about this, and each ride's use.
disneysea-expansion-hotel-800x442.jpg
And By The Way...what IS that...thing on the right there, of the new hotel, in the concept art? Looks like something out of OZ.....nice. (o;
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!