NEWS: Wild Rivers Water Park to relocate to Temecula

P. 8: Wild Rivers construction to begin this March!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Wild Rivers Water Park Demolition Pics

Postby DallasAlvey » Wed May 09, 2012 10:05 pm

Not to mention people living the area, like me in Hemet, don't have much else to do nearby.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu May 10, 2012 2:37 am

robbalvey wrote:This should be "interesting" to watch. As Temecula is over an hour away from Irvine, they certainly do not service the same group of people. So it's not like this will really be a replacement for the Wild Rivers that used to be in Irvine. I really hope the park can survive. Just seems to be a bit out in the middle of nowhere for a 20-acre park.

Especially considering that Orange County already has two options for decent water parks (Soak City & Raging Waters), Palm Springs has their own Soak City, and so does San Diego. Can the area around Temecula really support a water park? We watched Lake Delores fail out in the middle of nowhere...I hope the same doesn't happen to this property.

--Robb "Just seems like an odd choice to put the waterpark" Alvey

Just to add to that, this will actually be attempt #2 for the Wild Rivers ownership group to get a park built in Temecula. Attempt #1 failed. So we'll see what happens...

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Chrisrad » Thu May 10, 2012 5:00 pm

DallasAlvey wrote:Hemet

I'm sorry. :cry:
Chris #10
2011 Northeast & Cedar Point Trips
Maverick > Millennium Force

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Sat May 12, 2012 6:13 pm

I can see a lot of people from Escondido visiting the water park, as the Chula Vista Soak City is very far from them. If they build it, I'll go at least once!
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

Postby Chrisrad » Sat May 12, 2012 11:11 pm

chickenbowl wrote:I can see a lot of people from Escondido visiting the water park, as the Chula Vista Soak City is very far from them. If they build it, I'll go at least once!

:|
Chris #10

Postby Chrisrad » Sat May 12, 2012 11:16 pm

No matter what happens, I'm sure there are water park enthusiasts out there, so I'll try my best to get construction photos. That's really a commercial area for Temecula so I'm still surprised that they're putting it there. It'll be just around the corner from a window manufacturer, and a contractor-only tile shop. Interesting.

Whatever brings tax revenue to Temecula is fine by me.
Chris #10

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Sun May 13, 2012 12:22 am

^Well I guess it's 30 mins away, but what other main cities are closer? ;) My response was sort of a joke by the way.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Nyteowl » Tue May 15, 2012 10:14 pm

Living in the area I have high hopes for this project. The population has grown drastically over the 10 years that I've lived here and as stated previously there is literally nothing to do under an hour drive in the area. If it creates jobs and gives me something local to do before I move for college I'm all for it :).

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Fri May 18, 2012 10:45 am

So the City Council gave the ok for the sale of the land and the company was to put $1 million into an escrow account this week. Anyone know if they did?

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby travanx » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:22 am

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/07/31/oc-supervisors-approve-new-water-park/

"ORANGE COUNTY (CBS) — Orange County supervisors Tuesday approved a new water park on the old El Toro Marine Corps base across from the Orange County Great Park.

Wild Rivers will be rebuilt on 17 acres next to the Great Park, which is home to the Great Park Balloon that takes riders 400 feet in the air for a bird’s eye view of the county.

“This is an exciting opportunity,” Supervisor Bill Campbell said. “The new and improved Wild Rivers will be a complement to the Great Park and an asset for Orange County.”

The county expects to get $30 million or more over the 25-year lease.

The water park, which operated for 27 years next to the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, is expected to open in 2014."

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!