Canobie Screeemfest 2011 Photo TR

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Canobie Screeemfest 2011 Photo TR

Postby mrceagle » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:39 pm

It's that time of year again were some parks turn creepy and kooky. Canobie Park is one of those parks. On its 4th year hosting a Halloween event and the 3rd year doing it on their own. I was eager to see what this year had to offer. The park was opened form 5 to 11 and the weather report was looking good.

I arrived a bit after 5 and made my way into the park. I immediately went to the Rowdy Rooster (flying scooters) since they are finally back up and running. The park had new tubs built by Sky trams to replace the heavier tubs they run which were built form Bomber gas tanks. The new tubs are roomy and comfortable, have standard seat belts, and are very easy to control. Only down side it the ride still move too slow to snap the car but fast enough that you almost get there.

The crowds were light with most rides being walk ones or a short wait. Since the haunt and the shows were a big reason for my trip I hit rides in between those attractions. Another ride I made appoint to hit was the Turkish Twist the parks Rotor ride. I really do enjoy the power of the ride, though I did notice that the cycle was a bit short. I enjoyed it none the less.
I only bought a drink; I refilled a Souvenir cop I have had for many years. I skipped out on food though there were a lot of specialty items to go with the Parks Oktoberfest calibration which runs along with Screeemfest.

Read the full Photo TR here - http://s6.zetaboards.com/New_Whalom_Park/topic/8771260/1/

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Canobie Screeemfest 2011 Photo TR

Postby xmichellex » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:34 pm

mrceagle wrote:I immediately went to the Rowdy Rooster (flying scooters) since they are finally back up and running. The park had new tubs built by Sky trams to replace the heavier tubs they run which were built form Bomber gas tanks. The new tubs are roomy and comfortable, have standard seat belts, and are very easy to control. Only down side it the ride still move too slow to snap the car but fast enough that you almost get there.

This is great news! I was hoping they'd come back!

Thanks for the haunt review and the pics... might try to get there over the next week.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Top Thrill (CP), i305 (KD), Kumba (BGT), Cali. Screamin' (DCA)
Top 5 Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Lightning Racer (Hershey), Beast (KI), Yankee Cannonball (Canobie Lake)
Total Credits: 141

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:12 am

Would you consider this gaunt worth the full admission price ( as opposed to what you paid :)). How would you compare it to nearby Spooky World?

Postby mrceagle » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:39 am

Spooky world is the superior attraction when it comes to haunts. Spooky world/Nightmare New England has 6 haunted houses including a forest walk. so it your only interested in the haunts it might be worth it. but it's extremely expensive $35 general admission $5 parking. I used a ticket I bought on opening day for Screeemfest cost me 22 bucks. with coupon on Friday or Sunday Screeemfest is $24 and $28 and parking is free. It's well worth it. you get the haunted houses and nearly all the park ride (no water rides, a few select ride are also closed). the shows are good as well.

If your looking for a stand alone haunt in NH I prefer Haunted Acres in Candia now operating at Liquid Planet.

I put together a general list with info for the parks around New England and it can be found here.
haunts.newwhalom.com

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:02 am

A bunch of us went to Spooky World last year. The drive there brings us literally right by Canobie so I was wondering how they compare. I'd probably prefer Canobie but I doubt I could get my friends to go to theess scary one. Thanks for the info!

Postby mrceagle » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:27 am

If they don't like the scary aspect at Canobie they can buy Monster B gone necklaces, I think they re $5 dollars. the walk around characters will not chance them and they can go through the haunts with minimal scares. so might be worth mentioning.

Most of the stand alone haunts offer not so scary day time options on specific. days. but seems a bit foolish to travel up form RI to experience a dulled down haunt.

Postby mrceagle » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:42 pm

If you wish to see more photos here is a link to this trips Gallery:
http://photos.newwhalom.com/Trip%20Reports/Canobie%20Lake%20Park/Screeemfest2011/Screeemfest2011.html

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!