Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:14 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:So I can only think that it could be excessive forces and they're reprofiling (which is odd, as you'd think they would just trim it), excessive vibration and they're replacing the track, or they have found problems with the standard of manufacture/construction and are fixing it. Any locals have any better ideas? Was this part of the ride really THAT forceful? Or had any uncomfortable forces? It's all a bit odd to see such drastic maintenance a year after opening.

I'm sure it's a combination of everything you just listed. I can't really think of any other reason this much track would be replaced after only a year of operation. Just like Chuck said, this does remind me of what happened with I305.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:57 pm

It's open again, but I can't find any info on why they had to remove and rebuild. Anyone know details?

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:52 am

I know I'm like 4 months from the last post but I found this as to why they removed those track sections.

After a very successful first season of operation and as part of Village Roadshow Theme Park’s Technical Services and Mack Rides Engineering process of continuous improvement, some minor track adjustments have been identified to further improve what is Australia’s best and smoothest rollercoaster experience. This is currently underway and you can look forward to experiencing the ride again on 17th September.

https://www.parkz.com.au/article/2018/08/24/620-Track_comes_down_from_DC_Rivals_HyperCoaster_during_annual_maintenance.html

Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:50 pm

They must really care about keeping that "smoothest coaster experience" title then.

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:48 pm

Rider gets hit by an Ibis (aka 'bin chicken') on DC Rivals Hypercoaster. Yet another reason Queenslanders hate those bin chickens.

Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS