Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

P. 48 - DC Rivals POV footage! Forward & Backward!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

Postby nin » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:39 pm

I think this is great!

The park's a bit over-saturated with the DC brand, but I'm assuming it will start balancing out in the next few years- if the park adds new attractions. I'm surprised with the Arkham video game theme, but marketing-wise it works well. If WB Games releases a 3rd game into the franchise, WBMW can promote that through the ride, but could also pull the franchise at any moment and create a typical Arkham-theme.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:17 pm

djrappa wrote:Robb does look to be passing something rather uncomfortable in that pic :p

Standard.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby original » Thu May 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Taken from the Warner Bros. Movie World website page, where the announcement for their new ride was posted a couple of hours ago.

"This September, Warner Bros. Movie World will launch an epic 3D interactive ride experience like nothing you’ve ever seen before. Get ready for the most thrilling battle of your life on JUSTICE LEAGUE: Alien Invasion 3D.

Earth is under alien attack and we need your help! Grab your laser blaster and join SUPERMAN, BATMAN and an army of Super Heroes in a 3D battle against millions of evil alien spores. Your mission is to fight side-by-side with the JUSTICE LEAGUE and save the citizens of Earth. While the battle rages, your transportation pod will keep track of your alien stun score so you’ll know how many you’ve alienated.

Will you have what it takes to be Earth’s ultimate champion? Will you achieve the highest score? This epic battle between good and evil is about to begin and we need YOU! Only at Warner Bros. Movie World this September!"

http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/rides-and-attractions/family-entertainment/justice-league.aspx

Looks like what most people were saying were right, including myself, that this will be a shooting dark ride.

In other news for the park, the Journey to the Centre of the Earth 4D film is out to make for Ice Age, also taken from the parks website.

"This June, get ready for an adventure of mammoth proportions – Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs – The 4D Experience! Our favorite sub-zero heroes, Manny, Ellie and Diego venture into a mysterious underground world after Sid the Sloth stumbles across three abandoned eggs and decides to raise them as his own. Once the eggs hatch, the adventure begins in the lost world of the dinosaurs! Featured in eye-popping 3D with an all-star voice cast, including Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Denis Leary and Queen Latifah, Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs delivers more thrills, more chills, and more mammoth-sized laughs for everyone!"
Screen shot 2012-05-25 at 12.17.28 PM.png

http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/rides-and-attractions/family-entertainment/ice-age-4d.aspx

Also, their sister park, SeaWorld, are getting a Dinosaur exhibit for the winter school holidays, from their FaceBook page
"Dinosaur Island coming to Sea World! This June, step back in time and discover the long lost world of dinosaurs with a brand new interactive attraction. Get ready for the biggest thing in over 65 million years as you witness dinosaurs come to life on the amazing Dinosaur Island."
Last edited by original on Thu May 24, 2012 7:24 pm.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu May 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Sounds like a great idea to me.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby mattnz » Thu May 24, 2012 7:47 pm

Look forward to checking out these new attractions when we (finally!) make it over the ditch to the Gold Coast later this year.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 24, 2012 7:49 pm

Movie World could use a good shooting dark ride. (Then again, I think just about every park could use a good dark ride or two.) May as well get the most they can out of the DC heroes.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby australianalex » Thu May 24, 2012 9:58 pm

Even though we knew the new Spring attraction was going to be a dark ride, I'm pleasantly surprised! This is exactly what Movieworld, as well as any studio park needs - a good dark ride, and Movieworld has been needing a new family ride for a while. I'm sure this will quieten the people complaining about the lame Batman simulator being taken out. :)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby bmull19 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Lookin' good! Hopefully it'll all be detailed nicely.

Come on TPR, you need to make your way back over here to Australia!

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby australianalex » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:56 pm

Awesome. It's pretty funny that most of the parks here in Australia haven't had any new rides for about 4 years, then as soon as TPR does a trip every park is introducing new rides!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:08 am

Rides take a pretty long time to be developed. They don't just decide at the end of a season that they want a new ride for next season, unless it's something that can be easily bought and constructed (like an off-the-shelf Zamperla Power Surge, for example). I'd bet that they've been designing and developing that dark ride for at least three years.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!