Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

P. 99: 'Ducati World' themed land coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A village is missing its IDIOT!

Re: Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

Postby australianalex » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:31 pm

jamesissoocool wrote:
australianalex wrote: I doubt it'll come anywhere near the standards set by iSpeed and Katun.
Just my opinion

To be honest its not fair to compare this to ispeed or katun, compare it to other water rides like tidal wave at thorpe or journey to alantis in orlandoor any shoot the chutes , yeah its not going to be as fun as the other rides in the park but there could of be alot less coaster going on with this one.

True, but DiVertical is marketed more as a coaster, not so much as a water ride. So basically you're expecting a coaster with a splashdown, instead of a flume ride with a coaster section. As a coaster, it looks very mediocre. As a water ride, it looks really great. I think its the fact its the tallest coaster in the park, yet its really a family ride that lets me down.

If that made no sense its because I just woke up and really have no idea what Im saying :|

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:35 pm

I only got the slightest bit of enjoyment out of Journey to Atlantis at SWSA, and I am expecting this to at least be better than that. It's a bit more of a "real" coaster than that barely-a-credit shoot-the-chutes.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dragon Khan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:04 pm

The general disppointment is probably coming from the late overhyped annoucement... I would ride it because I liked the Mack versions (one features a very surprising airtime drop into a tunnel, curving steeper further down the drop, funny to look at since lots of riders with hands up suddenly hold on tight lol) So, one for the list but I wouldn't say Pilgrim is better, just because of the length od this one. but it's true: the park managers really overhyped it with the "world record breaking coaster" announcement... even when the official name came out with (di)VERTICAL I'm sure peeps expected more. Me included !
Top woodies: 1: Outlaw Run / 2: BoulderDash / 3: El Toro / 4: Phoenix / 5: Tonnerre de Zeus
Top Steelies: 1: DRAGON KHAN / 2: Expedition Geforce / 3: Top Thrill Dragster/ 4: Goliath (Holland) / 5: Superman (Madrid)

Postby XYZ » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:21 am

Where did the name Divertical come from, I understand Dive, but where does Vertical come from?
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby STR8FXXXINEDGE » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:31 am

^ I'm assuming the lift, but I could be wrong.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:35 am

XYZ wrote:Where did the name Divertical come from, I understand Dive, but where does Vertical come from?

Divertical is the blending of two words Dive and Vertical.

The "ve" are repeated in both words. Vertical conveys moving along an up and down plane. The coaster goes up the lift and then it goes down the hill.

It's not a difficult concept.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby matteocrepaldi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:37 am

Also in Italian the word FUN is DIVERTIMENTO. =)
I think it started from that and it came out as it has been explained earlier!
-

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Kooky » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:26 pm

there are some new photos... on one of them you can see a train... so maybe testing already started or they just did a kind of pull-through:

source and more photos on: http://forum.theparks.it/mirabilandia-f4/divertical-novita-2012-t6720-4950.html#p229790
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Viggen » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:43 am

Wow how fast everything goes all of a sudden! It looks nice though!

Postby australianalex » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:18 am

larrygator wrote:
XYZ wrote:Where did the name Divertical come from, I understand Dive, but where does Vertical come from?

Divertical is the blending of two words Dive and Vertical.

The "ve" are repeated in both words. Vertical conveys moving along an up and down plane. The coaster goes up the lift and then it goes down the hill.

It's not a difficult concept.

Yeah, but its strange for a park to think up a name based on its lift ;)
When I first heard the name, I automatically thought of a vertical drop and was expecting a B&M Dive machine. Though maybe translated into italian DiVertical means something. Like cake.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!