Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

P. 99: 'Ducati World' themed land coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

Postby netdvn » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:04 pm

^ You mean like an Aquatrax?

Imagine Divertical with a layout pre-drop like that. (And yes Intamin classifies Aquatrax coasters as water rides so it counts).
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby australianalex » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:08 pm

I dont count that as a water coaster. To me, personally, its a launch coaster and theyve named it Aquatrax simply because it has water sprayed on the track at some points. Atlantis Adventure looks fantastic, but its a completely different design to DiVertical.

Postby netdvn » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:20 pm

The park said there was gonna be a coaster section, right?

So what if the coaster section has a layout like that with a lift hill instead of a launch? The park's been pretty secretive with the layout so who knows for sure how well the coaster is gonna turn out? In the end, this is still Intamin we're talking about and they're known for building sick coasters.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Postby australianalex » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:39 pm

We all have opinions, and I could be proven wrong, but at the moment it doesnt look promising. I'd be more re-assured if it featured the usual intamin box track, that would make me think of it as a hyper-water coaster. Also, do we know how steep the drop is? Is it the drop in the pic of the lift, because if its the drop it doesnt look very steep.

Postby netdvn » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:10 pm

The drop doesn't need to be steep to be fun.

It's kinda understandable to generate opinions of a ride when the park releases info, but in this case, we know almost nothing about the ride other than the final drop. IMO it's kinda hard to generate an opinion based on a ride we know nothing about.

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:29 pm

netdvn wrote:The park said there was gonna be a coaster section, right?

So what if the coaster section has a layout like that with a lift hill instead of a launch?

The lift will be the same system used on Pilgrims' Plunge at Holiday World.

The question about the coaster section can be answered with this photo. Hard to see, but there is definitely an uphill section judging by supports.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mattyland » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:44 am

Last edited by larrygator on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:08 pm.

Postby XYZ » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:33 am

I'm starting to like this colors, it seems these colors just grow on you. Though, I never would expect a blue tracked ride with orange supports would look so good.

Stunt Fall has very similar colors and that looks really good.

1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:27 am

I wonder if there's a technical reason for why these rides don't have drops past 45* - similar to how the 4D coasters' drops aren't completely vertical because the trains need to be in complete contact with the second set of rails so that they flip at the bottom? Maybe it has to do with the middle rail being an upstop system, if that's true.

This looks really cool from the inside of the park, so I'm excited to see what it looks like when it's all finished and themed!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Postby australianalex » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Wait, thats the drop... and not the lift hill? Oh wow.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!