Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

P. 99: 'Ducati World' themed land coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A village is missing its IDIOT!

Re: Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

Postby australianalex » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:42 pm

I still have extremely low expectations from this ride, but I guess thats a good thing as Ill be blown away if Im proved wrong :b

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coastercrazy 9 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:20 pm

One thing I'm wondering is will this have boats like pilgrims plunge, or a coaster car with skimmers to make a splash effect?
I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters!

Image\

Do You Like Music? Do You Like Roller Coasters? Click Here for Six Flags Great AdventureClick Here For Hershey Park!Click Here For SFGAdv Fright Fest 2012!*New
For some Winter fun, click here, for My New Snowboarding Music Videos!

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby coast4airtime » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:17 pm

How exactly will this be a roller coaster? There is no room for upstop wheels to keep the train from flying off (as seen in several close ups of the drop). I'm right with you australianalex. Also, am I the only one who thinks this ride is an eye sore?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby sammmmmy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:27 pm

I think you just need to trust intamin with it. They know what they're doing and wouldn't do something if they hadn't made sure it would work (at least some of the time in a few of their coasters cases...) and it would be safe. I do agree about the colors though...
"Okay everyone the photo spot is after the overbank,, so everyone remember to pose like a terrified black woman"

FAVORITE: Tie between Incredible Hulk and Millennium Force
LAST RIDDEN: Bizarro

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Justice » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:00 pm

coast4airtime wrote:How exactly will this be a roller coaster? There is no room for upstop wheels to keep the train from flying off (as seen in several close ups of the drop). I'm right with you australianalex. Also, am I the only one who thinks this ride is an eye sore?
The center bar on the track will serve as an upstop.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby SuperBuckalew » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:49 pm

People seem to be afraid of color. I think the colors are beautiful.

Postby australianalex » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:52 pm

SuperBuckalew wrote:People seem to be afraid of color. I think the colors are beautiful.

Wha...?

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Justice » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:52 pm

australianalex wrote:
SuperBuckalew wrote:People seem to be afraid of color. I think the colors are beautiful.

Wha...?

I believe he means that a lot of USA members are think that a coaster needs a bright track color, and a grey/black/tan support scheme. This obviously breaks that trend and a lot of members haven't come to grips with that yet.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:59 pm

australianalex wrote:I still have extremely low expectations from this ride, but I guess thats a good thing as Ill be blown away if Im proved wrong :b
coast4airtime wrote:How exactly will this be a roller coaster? There is no room for upstop wheels to keep the train from flying off (as seen in several close ups of the drop). I'm right with you australianalex. Also, am I the only one who thinks this ride is an eye sore?

Yes, I too have very low expectations for a 180 foot tall Intamin Water coaster Prototype that hasn't yet been more than 20% constructed with no evidence as to what the rest of the layout will be. :roll:

My expectations aren't up in Cloud9 or Fanboy Paradise, but this is Intamin we're talking about. When was the last time one of their major coasters didn't deliver?
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Postby australianalex » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:32 pm

Yes I have low expectations. A water coaster can only be so good IMO.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!