Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

P. 99: 'Ducati World' themed land coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

Postby sammmmmy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Wow! They put this up quick!

I do have one question though. (This isn't necessarily about this particular ride with it's rumored coaster section and little water contact) Watching videos of Pilgrims Plunge and having ridden Shoot The Rapids, I don't know what I think about this ride system. The boats almost seem too light and connected in a weird way so that there' s so little splash and they just knock around in the channel. Also, when the water level is high like in this video (even though I know this is the first day of testing), it stops almost immediately when it hits the water.

I hope this ride isn't like that.
"Okay everyone the photo spot is after the overbank,, so everyone remember to pose like a terrified black woman"

FAVORITE: Tie between Incredible Hulk and Millennium Force
LAST RIDDEN: Bizarro

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Gigalyte » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Wow they got that up fast, and for it to only be 180 feet at *45 degrees it looks huge and steep imo not feeling those colors but oh well. I can't wait to see what the rest of the layout is going to look like.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Kooky » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:48 pm

what i can imagine, because of the rail system, with the middle rail which holds the train on track, that they will add some airtime hills after the first drop.I don`t think this system works well for highspeed curves!But it would be cool to get down the first drop and after this 2-3 airtime hills following in a row and the last one ends in an splash down.... but maybe i´m wrong and curves are no problem. Would be nice to see the building area from a top view... maybe this would show a little bit more about the layout ;)

EDIT: found this old picture before they started building this.... looks really huge for just a Pirlgrims Plunge Clone (compared to the size of i-speed in the front). Now i am starting to think that it will have maybe one big airtimehill after the first drop, after the drop the track goes back up, maybe into a block brake, then followed by a turnaround, drop and then maybe one last airtimehill with a final splash down! It´s my opinion because this whole area is really long and with a turnaorund in the toplevel, they could brake it down and use more boats without a second lifthill.But i don`t know if they were really going to use the whole area. What do you think. Here is the photo:

made a trashy FANTASY-Layout scribble in paint (my netbook has no other programm ;) ), but it´s really completly Fantasy, i don´t even know if the position of the tower or the height are nearly correct... just what i could think what will be possible with this kind of rails/ride and on this huge area, so remember "not the actual layout-it`s a complete fantasy layout" but one possible option ;) and i hope we will soon see the track go up again:
sam2626.jpg
FantasyLayout
Source of pic: http://www.rollercoasterrevolution.eu/ultime-notizie/785-nuove-foto-dal-cantiere-della-novita-2012-di-mirabilandia.html
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Gerstlauer1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:37 pm

I think it's safe to say that there is going to be a coaster section, look at their website!

http://www.mirabilandia.it/
Screen shot 2011-12-13 at 8.37.32 PM.png

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:45 pm

^That also shows a lift hill with track which has already been confirmed not to be the case (it will be an elevator lift). Not saying it isn't going to happen, but I wouldn't confirm anything based on concept art.

Postby Gerstlauer1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:49 pm

ernierocker wrote:^That also shows a lift hill with track which has already been confirmed not to be the case (it will be an elevator lift). Not saying it isn't going to happen, but I wouldn't confirm anything based on concept art.

I'm gonna go be and be positive ! ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:56 pm

^You are certainly welcome to dream! ;)

If I had to bet on it, I'd say there will be a coaster section especially with the boat racing theme.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:01 pm

I'm looking at the visual on the website and the ride vehicle doesn't have any wheels! How could it have a coaster section? It would not be able to follow or stay on the track. :lol:
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby Gerstlauer1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:13 pm

larrygator wrote:I'm looking at the visual on the website and the ride vehicle doesn't have any wheels! How could it have a coaster section? It would not be able to follow or stay on the track. :lol:

... :omg:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:43 pm

Gerstlauer1 wrote:I think it's safe to say that there is going to be a coaster section, look at their website!

I think it's safe to say they have some really nice looking concept art, which still makes it really difficult to know exactly what they are getting. Does it actually have a "coaster part" or are they calling it a "coaster" because the drop track is technically roller coaster track.

I'm of course hoping for a coaster, but I think you should pay attention to some of the moderators on this thread when they tell you that just because a park has posted a picture with a bunch of coaster track, doesn't *actually mean* the ride "is safe to say" that there will be some huge coaster section on it.
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:43 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!