Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

P. 99: 'Ducati World' themed land coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:07 pm

^ I agree with you Blue Fire looks so much better then this, there is loads of headbanging going on during the ride on iSpeed and it sounds that it might also have some "Intamin rattle going on", and since Blue Fire have neither of those then it's the better ride...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ecoasters » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:11 pm

www.e-coasters.com -- Only Best Theme Park in Europe

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:39 pm

atem122 wrote:I think the MCBR on this functions the same way Tatsu's does

Uh, what? I thought Manta was the first with a MCBR? Maybe you are counting the two separate braking platforms as an mcbr and a brake run but Tatsu definitely does not have an MCBR.

GeorgeT wrote:For me, to be honest, it looks a "little" dissapointing....
Not as forceful as I thought it would be. The ups and downs look a little "soft"...

Lets just agree to disagree on this one. Vid_W posted some stats a few pages back, they would say that this ride is anything but "forceless" or "not as forceful"

Vid_w wrote:That is going to be one of the most powerful coasters EVER!
4.6G on the climb to the tophat
-0.5G over the tophat
4.9G at the bottom of the first drop
-1.5G on the camelback
4.5G on the first turn
4.3G in the corkscrew (?)
4.3G in the Italian loop

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Am I the only one who thinks the transition out of the MCBR looks kind of bad?

No Discernible Talent Whatsoever!

Postby King of Ka » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:38 pm

^I definitely see what you mean. Really, all the transitions seem a little sharp to me. I have to believe it rides better than it looks.

Did Medusa in the front and back

Postby atem122 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:19 pm

themeparkman25 wrote:
atem122 wrote:I think the MCBR on this functions the same way Tatsu's does

Uh, what? I thought Manta was the first with a MCBR? Maybe you are counting the two separate braking platforms as an mcbr and a brake run but Tatsu definitely does not have an MCBR.

Yeah I meant the first break platform, that's what I can most relate this ride's "mcbr" to

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby MattMattMatt » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:00 pm

This looks amazing. I can't believe how long the thing is, and it looks like a great mix of inversions, airtime, and fast direction changes. Lotta jaded coaster riders in this thread.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby matteocrepaldi » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:55 am

Ok, I was at the park yesterday and I rode it 8 times so here my review:

The launch is really good; it's not extremely intense but it gives a great feeling. Probably a little more than Rita or Desert Race but a little less than Furius Baco.

The top hat gives a nice very short amount of floating airtime if you seat in the front and a nice feeling of being pulled down the drop if you seat in the back. The restrains tend to staple during the ascendence but if you hold them during the launch you might able to be pulled gently out of you seat (B&M style).

After the top hat there's a nice transition with lots of positive Gs and a little headchopper underneath the launch track.

Then the camelback which gives a good amount of ejector airtime. Unfortunately there are trim brakes on top of it that slow down the train and decrease the airtime delivered.

After the camelback there's a great transition into the turn around filled with nice positive g forces.
The next transition isn't good as the first one expecially because when you get there you tend to focus on the upcoming inversion which is a corckscrew thing element similar to the ones on Maverick.

During that inversion there's a HUGE surprize but I'm not going to say what it is.

The rest of the ride loses a lot of the original power; the italian loop isn't anything special and the inline twist isn't even close to be good as the one on Blue Fire.

After the MCBR the ride is over: the train is too slow to do anything special.

Overall: it's a great ride, highly reridable, intense but totally smooth. It might hurt your shoulder if you keep your hand up especially during the inline twist.
-

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:15 am

^Thanks for the review!

What is the Italian loop, again?

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:43 am

^It kind of resembles that mini-immelman that Black Mamba has, where riders aren't really inverted but are more like 3/4 of the way there.

Do they count that as an inversion for iSpeed? It doesn't look like one...
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!