Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:08 am

The maintenance work extraordinary katun were completed in record time, since yesterday afternoon (Wednesday) Katun has reopened to the public.
To resolve the problem so quickly technicians have worked until late at night so that the inconvenience to the public all things considered acceptable.

Original News on Mirabilandia Forever Site

Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:22 pm

The new coaster is set to be announced in monsday

Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:44 pm

I hope this one will have the nez seating like Behemot .

Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:46 pm

Here's the official announcement; no B&M after all as the lates rumors have said. It's going to be an INTAMIN rocket coaster called "iSpeed".

The investment for the park will be about 15 millions of euros and they confirm that it's going to be a big thrill ride.

The MAGNETIC launch will take riders from zero to about 60mph in 2.2 seconds wich is like Desert Race or Rita. The length of the track will be about 3280 feet long with the highest point located 164 feet above the ground.

The location of the ride is going to be where Sierra Tonante used to be and it's going to be themed around the Formula 1 world.

They don't say anything about inversions so we'll have to wait for that. If you can speak italian, here's the original message.

Si chiamerà "iSpeed" la novità 2009 di Mirabilandia.

Comporterà un investimento di 15 milioni di euro per il parco di Ravenna e sarà un'attrazione decisamente adrenalinica dedicata principalmente ai più giovani e a chi ama le forti accelerazioni.

Si tratterà infatti di un LAUNCHED COASTER di produzione Intamin - azienda svizzera famosa per la qualità delle proprie attrazioni - il cui percorso si svilupperà per circa 1000 metri all'interno di parte dell'area occupata fino alla fine del 2007 dal coaster in legno "Sierra Tonante".

La partenza sarà particolarmente eccitante e innovativa per il mercato europeo, dal momento che sarà di tipo magnetico e svilupperà un'accelerazione che lancerà i passeggeri del treno da 0 a 100 km/h in 2,2 secondi.

Il Layout del tracciato, che si innalza fino ad oltre 50 metri, è stato realizzato dal famoso studio di progettazione tedesco Stengel.

Il tema scelto dal parco è quello del mondo della Formula 1, che ben si adatta sia all'accelerazione della partenza che alla velocità del tracciato.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:09 am

They named it iSpeed? Come on. This is iBoring.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:17 am

There seem to be a lot of Intamin rockets in Europe. Too bad it's not an Intamin mega, although I don't know when I'd be able to get to Italy anyway.

With 3200+ feet, this would make it the longest Intamin rocket though.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:23 am

According to http://rcdb.com/id4147.htm, it will be LSM.

So, Aquatrax, no Rocket :lolr:

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:49 pm

I wonder if this coaster will be like Maverick. I want to hear more about this.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:57 pm

Wow, I thought this coaster was all but confirmed months ago to be a B&M? Remember all that discussion about the track at the B&M plant and everyone saying, without any kind of doubt, that it was "for the new Dive Machine at Mirabilandia?"

Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:17 am

I've always thought that the B&M was going to be for Mirabilandia too but from some news I've seen on Screamscape a couple of days ago I think that it's going to go to China to the new Happy Valley.

I'm really excited about this coaster because Mirabilandia never got enough attention from the GP.

I can't wait to see the layout.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS