TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Mirabilandia (Italy), this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page..

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

December 14th, 2005 - Schwarzkopf Katapult coming to Mirabilandia

March 24th, 2006 - Park pulls a switch and installs a Moser High Energy named "Katapult", no more Schwarkopf

May 9th, 2006 - Katapult (Moser's High Energy) removed

May 12th, 2006 - Ghostville (Ghost Train) opens

May 22nd 2006 - After Katapult (the flat ride) is removed the park builds Katapult (the coaster)

July 5th, 2006 - Katapult (the coaster) is open

August 19th, 2007 - Man dies on Katun

January 15th, 2008 - Sierra Tonante to be replaced with new coaster

June 2nd, 2008 - RESET, an interactive dark ride, to open in four weeks

August 1st, 2008 - Katun to close for one week for track work

September 16th, 2008 - iSpeed official announcement

October 24th, 2008 - first official announcement with iSpeed specs

March 13th, 2009 - iSpeed Construction photos

June 22nd, 2009 - iSpeed is open

April 21st, 2011 - Ghostville to be transformed into a scarier ride

June 13th, 2011 - New coaster for 2012

June 27th, 2011 - Construction on 2011 new coaster Master Thai

November 15th, 2011 - Divertical, we have a name for the new 2012 coaster but no confirmation on what it is

December 12th, 2011 - Divertical is Giant Pilgrims Plunge...plus more!??!

December 15th, 2011 - Divertical construction reaches new heights

December 15th, 2011 - New Divertical supports confirm coaster section to be added

January 3rd, 2012 - Major vertical construction continues on Divertical!

January 17th, 2012 - Splashdown foundations currently being poured

February 15th, 2012 - Image of Full Ride Layout Revealed!

February 16th, 2012 - Divertical expected to open in June 2012!

April 8th, 2012 - Official Divertical construction update

April 25th, 2012 - Another official Divertical construction update

April 30th, 2012 - Divertical ride testing begins

May 10th, 2012 - Divertical running initial reduced speed tests

May 21st, 2012 - A great new look at Divertical

June 2nd, 2015 - Hot Wheels Stunt Show opens

January 22nd, 2016 - Far West Valley under construction for 2016, one new ride, a Disk-o

December 4th, 2016 - Virtual reality headset being add to Master Thai for 2017

November 28th, 2017 - 'Ducati World' themed land coming in 2019!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking on rcdb, I noticed something very odd. Next year, Mirabilandia, the place best known for Katun and smiley-face pizzas, is adding a Schwarzkopf Katapult. This seems odd to me, but is good too, because all five Katapults had become defunct, but it appears one of them is being put back in service.

For those who don't know the very simple layout of a Katapult, here it is:

http://rcdb.com/ig949.htm?picture=2

Here's the proof of Mirabilandia's:

http://rcdb.com/id3429.htm

Edited by jedimaster1227

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that its only being stored at Mirabilandia and that it will head back to travelling fairs next year. I think that sounds more realistic as the ride has been placed in a field outside the park. I would also expect Mirabilandia to get something newer and bigger considering the size of the park.

I have heard that its only being stored at Mirabilandia...

Yes, that *was* the rumor until this "confirmation" showed up on:

http://www.theparks.it/news.php?id=273

There still is a chance though that this (last remaining) Katapult is to be "parked in use" for one or two seasons at Mirabilandia only. (somehow like "SBSO": standing, but still operating)

At least it has been refurbished, which is a good sign to see it continue operating.

• 3 months later...

Huh?^^^

On that link those are 2 totally different rides. Theres that one Thrill Ride "Energy Rush" Being built there and theres also going to be Katapult.

Im sorry really didn't understand what youre saying but im just answering to what I thought you were saying.

Huh?^^^

On that link those are 2 totally different rides. Theres that one Thrill Ride "Energy Rush" Being built there and theres also going to be Katapult.

Right, they are two different rides. Mirabilandia decided to install a new kind of ride but doesn't change the name. So the new ride name is "katapult" as announced some months ago, but the type of ride has been changed.

• 1 month later...
Less than 1 month after the installation, Energy Rush has been removed due to technical problems and because of the low level of satisfaction of guests.

Katapult (the coaster), who was put in stand-by, will replace the Energy Rush.

The name will no be changed.

(Source: parksmania.it News Dept. )

You can find a video about the Energy Rush on the Moser official web site.

I agree with the guests, that when you are saying, you will have a new rollercoaster for this year, and then have a crappy flatride.

I hope they will install the Schwarzkopf coaster for this year and not let the guests wait for another year.

Wow, what an evil looking ride. I bet if it didn't have those OTSRs though it wouldn't be so evil. Why does every company think every ride needs them, or for the ones that do, why can't they design better ones that don't box your ears in so much!

The Energy Rush looks pretty neat. I've yet to ride a bad Moser flat ride and I've been on quite a few...

-Gravity Tower

-Energy Storm

-Flip N Out

-SuperLoop On Top

-G Force (Top Star Tour)

All awesome rides... since when have they offered a standup Maverick/Wind Shear?!?! Has anyone actually purchased one of these? Looks like THAT would be a painful ride.