Skycoastin' Steve's 2011 Season Extravaganza!!

MASSIVE Christmas Town update, with Verbolten pics! Page 31!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Skycoastin' Steve's 2011 Season Extravaganza!!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:15 am

For a park that seemed like a pretty decent place to pick up a bunch of credits all the reports from the NE Trip make me really not want to visit, which is a shame.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:56 pm

^If you wanted to pick up all the credits, I would recommend a Gold Flash Pass. And even then, there's no guarantee you'll get them all in one day.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby paiging_jen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:Vekoma corkscrew, this actually wasn't as bad as everyone thought it would be, but it was still boring.

Best part of the ride by far was the ride op doing the restraint check.

Postby SuperShawn » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:43 pm

^ was that the op doing the tip toe strut walk?

Postby paiging_jen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:44 pm

SuperShawn wrote:^ was that the op doing the tip toe strut walk?

The one and only! Neil does a great impersonation.

Postby SuperShawn » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Neils impression was priceless which makes me sad I missed the actual op doing it. I'd say the highlight of that park for me was the dragon coaster.

Someday, I hope to find my own Indiana Jones.

Postby Jojo19799 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:36 pm

paiging_jen wrote:
SuperShawn wrote:^ was that the op doing the tip toe strut walk?

The one and only! Neil does a great impersonation.

Very true. He was doing it during DSB and I nearly peed myself. Oh and I saw the scariest drag show video.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure Neil and I greeted each other at DSB by walking on our tip toes saying "check".

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby TheSchwitek » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:34 pm

I was also fortunate enough to see Neil's amazing restraint check re-enactment at DSB. It was spectacular.

La Ronde is a very strange park. I was there a couple weeks after the TPR trip and actually got on all the coasters, but it took nearly all day.

The Freecreditreport.com: Exceeded expectations. 600th coaster.
The French Attack: A used SLC. No more to say.
The Pooping Dragon: A pooptastic good time.
The Monsters: Old, unexciting wood.
The Super Nicki Minaj: Decent, but looked like it came from a carnival.
The Toboggan Mouse: Its a mouse.
The Millapede Kiddie: Boring.
El Boomerango: I actually loved these when I was a kid.
Batman The Vampire: Solid ride.
Queen Cobra: This ride looked like it was in an undeveloped country section of the park.

Keep the pictures coming dawg.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/1dd3c6b95d6fcccc520ab06ed5f5204b.jpg[/img][/url]

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:41 pm

^I'm glad you at least got to meet up with Neil at DSB, he's close to taking away your spot as my favorite male coaster enthusiast. :lmao:

Postby David H » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:^If you wanted to pick up all the credits, I would recommend a Gold Flash Pass. And even then, there's no guarantee you'll get them all in one day.

I got really lucky on my quick visit this year. And by quick, I mean just over an hour, although that wasn't the intention.

I planned a nice layover in Montreal on the way back from Europe at the end of July. I should have gotten there early in the afternoon, had most of the day to spend at La Ronde, and still had time for dinner and some clubbing before heading home to Boston the next morning for work. But then Air Canada canceled the only direct flight to Montreal that day (and rebooked me for a flight the next day that would have actually arrived an hour AFTER my connecting flight home!) So, I had to decide whether it was still worth it to stop in Montreal, if I was going to lose about 4 hours, since I'd have to connect in Toronto (flying right over Montreal on the way!) But once I have something in my head, I make it happen, so I stuck with it. That was gonna leave me like 2-3 hours tops for La Ronde. But luckily, I'd already been there several times, and Goliath was my main reason for going. Then of course, my flight was late, AND I JUST missed the bus from the airport AND the subway AND the bus to La Ronde from my hotel -- all of them by a minute or two! The good news was that I was able to check my suitcase at the airport, so I could make do with a backpack and not have to lug the suitcase around the city! The bad news was that I only ended up with around 80 minutes at La Ronde. All I could hope was that they were dead and that I might be able to get 2-3 rides on Goliath for my troubles.

Luckily, the park was DEAD. And by dead, I mean maybe a 1-2 train wait tops for Goliath. 10-15 minutes for Le Monstre, but only because they were only running one train on one side -- and loading it slowly, at that. Even with only only 80 minutes at the park, I still managed around 6 rides on Goliath (and that's with having to walk all the way around every time, even when the station was empty!) and a ride on Le Monster. And that was on a Friday at the end of July! If I'd gotten there maybe 2 hours earlier, I could have most likely ridden all the coasters in the park!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!