Skycoastin' Steve's 2011 Season Extravaganza!!

MASSIVE Christmas Town update, with Verbolten pics! Page 31!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Skycoastin' Steve's 2011 Season Extravaganza!!

Postby cookie-monster » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Even despite, the hight restriction on Bizarro, I had to deal with too. You have made some really nice pictures !
Did you actually get to ride the Mouse ? I have ridden it once, and suddenly, I suddenly was to tall when I wanted to ride it with night ERT.

-JK-

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:48 pm

I agree with you about Pandemonium compared to the Zamperla ones. I HATE spinning rides, so I was little hesitant about riding this one but we had a fairly balanced car and it was a great ride.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby paiging_jen » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:52 pm

Someone left their hair in the Bizarro queue.

With the hair piece that someone was 77", without they were the lucky 76". Obvious choice was leave the hair in the queue. You should have done the same.

And I would say the inconsistencies in the height policy really were the mind boggling part of that whole Bizarro experience, which really was a nightmare.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:59 pm

cookie-monster wrote:Even despite, the hight restriction on Bizarro, I had to deal with too. You have made some really nice pictures !
Did you actually get to ride the Mouse ? I have ridden it once, and suddenly, I suddenly was to tall when I wanted to ride it with night ERT.

-JK-

Yeah, I rode it during ERT in the morning. Didn't even realize it had a max height until that night when someone told me (it might have been you).

televisedconfession wrote:I'm surprised it came out that well. Apparently I become a better photographer while intoxicated.

We all do things better while we're intoxicated. ;)

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby STR8FXXXINEDGE » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:08 pm

I don't think I've given your TR's any love yet, Steve. You've got some great photos! That's a real bummer about the crazy Bizarro height thing, though. I hadn't heard anything about it 'till I just read through your TR. Inconsistencies; gotta love 'em! You could look at it through a glass half full kind of way though, and think if it wasn't for their inconsistencies, you might not have been able to ride it in the morning either. ;) Either way, loving your reports, and I'm excited to see the rest!

P.S. It was great meeting you and Jen. I had some good laughs sitting next to you two on the bus rides!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby paiging_jen » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:15 pm

STR8FXXXINEDGE wrote:
P.S. It was great meeting you and Jen. I had some good laughs sitting next to you two on the bus rides!

Thanks for sharing your magic leg room row with us! That was so nice of you guys. Loved meeting you and can't wait to see you again!

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:17 pm

^^I definitely did say to Jen on a few occasions, "Well, at least I got the credit!" And I'm grateful for that fact, at least. Just the inconsistency is what really pissed me off, aside from the fact that the policy makes absolutely no sense.

But thank you for the compliment on the pictures and yes, it was a pleasure meeting you and being on the back of the bus crew together! And as Jen just said, I'm eternally grateful that you let us move into the crazy leg room row, it was a life saver!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby STR8FXXXINEDGE » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:26 pm

^ & ^^ I totally forgot all about the magical leg room seats! We had no problem giving them up. Hell, I could barely touch the ground in the normal seats, haha! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Steve - I agree, it is a pretty dumb policy, especially when it isn't consistently followed!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby raptor6 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:53 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:^^I definitely did say to Jen on a few occasions, "Well, at least I got the credit!" And I'm grateful for that fact, at least. Just the inconsistency is what really pissed me off, aside from the fact that the policy makes absolutely no sense.

But thank you for the compliment on the pictures and yes, it was a pleasure meeting you and being on the back of the bus crew together! And as Jen just said, I'm eternally grateful that you let us move into the crazy leg room row, it was a life saver!

Steve, did you get measured with your shoes on or off? I'm pretty close to the maximum height limit myself. A ride op took me aside to check my height, but before he could, I quickly took off my shoes and I was just fine. Maybe you could try that next time?

And which row has the crazy leg room? The one by the sound system?

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby kunpc1 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:37 pm

Steve,

I have to mention that I am LOVING your trip reports! They really are helping me with the post-trip blues. It's also helping me describe the craziness that is a TPR trip to all my coworkers by taking them along the photo journey with me.

Jo that wheel wasn't TOO bad... I wasn't laughing AT you, I was laughing WITH you. You just weren't laughing on the outside at the same time I was!

I'm glad Shawn and I were able to teach all those riders how to ride Wooden Warrior properly. We JUST got that last, front row ride in before it was time to run back to the bus.

And I can definitely check one more thing off my bucket list... Ride a Sky Coaster with Skycoastin' Steve!

Can't wait until our paths cross again. Hopefully next year when you come up to Wonderland for Leviathan!

Canadian (Skycoastin' Steve Fanboy) Nick

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!