Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 660 - Sidewinder Safari Roller Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby SFOG1991 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:00 pm

INF199 wrote:How dead is this thread lol

The forums have died and even Robb/TPR has alluded to it. The new Facebook Groups option is further suffocating out the threads.

My only suggestion if they want to “fight” progress is to somehow make the site Google login capable and post social media content that directs to the forum.

I remember when there would be dozens of new posts in the forum every hour and now it’s Sunday evening and there have been like 3 in the last hour. Oh well though. I’m still holding out.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:51 am

It sounds like you had a good trip. It's too bad about Shipwreck, that was my son's favorite one. I love the location, but I always thought they could have done more with the area.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:04 am

I much prefer this site to reddit or facebook. Rob and the team do a good job of keeping the crazy's out while on facebook my head expodes after 10 comments lol
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby VegasBaby » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:29 am

grsupercity wrote:I much prefer this site to reddit or facebook. Rob and the team do a good job of keeping the crazy's out while on facebook my head expodes after 10 comments lol

Agreed, I'm still a big fan of this site and hope that the people who make it great will still continue to post. The quality of the posts and comments is just so much better than any other theme park related site.
Coaster Count: 221 Last Coaster: GhostRider
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:43 am

Jew wrote:TPR is still very active in the world of facebook groups. There's just nothing exciting going on at SFDK.

This. The lack of discussion in this thread is probably more telling of our excitement level towards this park right now than anything else. They've made a lot of nice moves lately but there's still not much to discuss without any Discovery Kingdom locals actively posting about it.
Last edited by coasterbill on Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:44 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MtEvansSnowboarder » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:08 pm

Hi, I'm hoping to get some advice for this weekend. I'm coming into town for business Sunday morning and plan to drive south to Santa Cruz first to visit the boardwalk. Then, driving to DK with the goal of riding Batman, V2, Harley Quinn, Joker, Medusa, & Superman. What is the opinion on a Flash Pass level, will the park be busy enough to justify a pass or not? Traveling from Colorado I don't visit parks as often as I used to so I'm alright with going with a platinum pass for the visit. I'm open to suggestions and appreciate everything.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby mark549 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:33 am

Went on Friday. Haven't been for a little while. the main "new" thing is almost the entire parking lot is now a construction site for the overhead solar panel system. It will be great on hot sunny days and rainy times. One oddity - the solar array is nearly flat (most arrays are closer to the angle of latitude) and aimed to the west more than the south. The parking lot is sloped that way but solar panels work best when aimed to the south.

Joker and Medusa had short lines until sunset.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MtEvansSnowboarder » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:12 pm

Thank you for the info, with regard to the Flash Pass, I'm presuming that is something that I could buy once in the park and see what the lines are like first hand? (I haven't visited a 6 Flags park in probably 8 years, so please forgive me).

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Domm » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:37 pm

MtEvansSnowboarder wrote:Thank you for the info, with regard to the Flash Pass, I'm presuming that is something that I could buy once in the park and see what the lines are like first hand? (I haven't visited a 6 Flags park in probably 8 years, so please forgive me).

for sure, just gauge it when you get there and take a look around.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby mark549 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:01 pm

I-80, the main highway around SFDK, is closed just south of the park due to a new fire.
Much scarier than some actors pretending to be zombies.

https://www.sfgate.com/california-wildfires/article/vallejo-fire-cal-maritime-sig-alert-14566182.php

the park's online schedule says they're open today (?!?) but not tomorrow.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!