Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 660 - Sidewinder Safari Roller Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby bluestreak » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi all, I'll be at the park Wednesday. What kind of crowds should I expect? And tips/tricks? Thanks!
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:59 pm

^ Joker is the park's best ride and they tend to run just one train on it, so I'd recommend going there early before a queue builds. If you see V2 running, ride that asap since it breaks down a lot.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hamburg DOM & Heide Park

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 am

SFDK's Batman the Ride actually does look like a nice ride! I like how there is a decent amount of theming in the queue as well.

I'm really hoping that Six Flags Darien Lake gets an exact clone of this with the theming as well. Hopefully next year, or is that wishful thinking?

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:43 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Joker is the park's best ride and they tend to run just one train on it, so I'd recommend going there early before a queue builds. If you see V2 running, ride that asap since it breaks down a lot.

Second train not even in sight today. Wonder what happened to it.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:52 pm

RMC Predator? Keep an eye for it an Darien Lake. :lol:

In all seriousness, the fact the ride has its own custom sign for one train ops shows this is a normal occurance even if the train is on the transfer track.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hamburg DOM & Heide Park

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Bubba » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:17 pm

bluestreak wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Joker is the park's best ride and they tend to run just one train on it, so I'd recommend going there early before a queue builds. If you see V2 running, ride that asap since it breaks down a lot.

Second train not even in sight today. Wonder what happened to it.

SFDK never ran two trains on Kong or Roar besides the summer months over the past decade I've attended, which would make me pretty frustrated in the off-season. Even with the park crowded on a summer day you'll get on those rides quicker than going in the off-season. It is unusual for them to have one train in the summer though I hope this doesn't start becoming a habit as well. Oddly enough, I've never had a break down on V2 & it's open nearly every visit I've attended.

Is that a giant golf ball?

Postby alpengeistdude321 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:54 pm

I just got back from the park. Does anyone know why The Flash (V2) has not been open? It was open for a few weeks if I recall but has been closed for the last month.

Joker is still on one-train ops. It is unacceptable for Six Flags to be running their marquee attraction at SFDK this way in the middle of peak season. I would not be surprised if the ride will just permanently run on one train at this point.
-John

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby scooterdoug » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:02 am

alpengeistdude321 wrote:I just got back from the park. Does anyone know why The Flash (V2) has not been open? It was open for a few weeks if I recall but has been closed for the last month.

Joker is still on one-train ops. It is unacceptable for Six Flags to be running their marquee attraction at SFDK this way in the middle of peak season. I would not be surprised if the ride will just permanently run on one train at this point.

I’m not sure about V2. I was there on Wednesday, and it was down as well. It seems to spend half of the year closed.
As for Joker, the second train is off the transfer track and presumably undergoing rehab. According to the ride op, they’ll be getting it to two train operation soon. I certainly hope so, it’s been running one train for what feels like nearly a year.
Aikido: Why fight when you can flow?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RollaroundBadness » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Evereything is great.
Last edited by RollaroundBadness on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:55 pm.

Postby jray21 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:34 pm

I've been surprised at how many rides have been down the past few visits. My last visit on June 20, Flash, Batman, and Harley Quinn were down all day. Joker was one train, and Wonder Woman and Superman were constantly opening and closing all day. It was like they were rotating the opening hours. Only Penguin was open fully in the entire DC area. It ended up being about 25% of all the rides/coasters were closed throughout the park in the middle of summer.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!