Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 660 - Sidewinder Safari Roller Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What's with the donkeys anyway?

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby Srosdude » Mon May 30, 2016 8:37 am

tuxedomask5432 wrote:This has been a great year for RMC so far with openings :| :roll:

Why? SC,Joker, and Wildfire are all on schedule for what they've been marketed as. Lightning Rod isn't RMCs fault, as Dollywood chose to use a cheap launch system.
208 Feet Up, 221 Feet Down. If you're not scared, you should be. Enjoy your ride on Superman.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Mon May 30, 2016 9:45 am

^You're right, The Joker certainly wasn't delayed and neither was Storm Chaser. Only Lightning Rod has been, although still not quite sure about Wildfire being open by the 18th as they're saying, hope so though.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby XSupremacy » Mon May 30, 2016 11:58 am

RyanTPM wrote:^You're right, The Joker certainly wasn't delayed and neither was Storm Chaser. Only Lightning Rod has been, although still not quite sure about Wildfire being open by the 18th as they're saying, hope so though.

the Joker didn't open at all on its public opening date. that's a pretty bad opening if I say so myself
https://coasterdemon.com/
1 Steel. The Joker SFDK
1 Wood. Ghostrider (after GCI rehab)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Mon May 30, 2016 12:23 pm

And let's be real here, Rocky Mountain Construction creates coasters so great, I don't think I'm the only one that thinks that delaying the opening by a few days or a few weeks is really no big deal in the big picture.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Mon May 30, 2016 12:27 pm

XSupremacy wrote:
RyanTPM wrote:^You're right, The Joker certainly wasn't delayed and neither was Storm Chaser. Only Lightning Rod has been, although still not quite sure about Wildfire being open by the 18th as they're saying, hope so though.

the Joker didn't open at all on its public opening date. that's a pretty bad opening if I say so myself

Sure, that's disappointing if you showed up on the day it's down, but my no means is that a major event that's going to cost RMC or six flags major distress. There's always going to be nagging issues like that for a brand new ride. The fault should be on the park for not communicating the issue better so people don't wait in line for 8 hours for it to open
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby XSupremacy » Mon May 30, 2016 12:37 pm

Gnome wrote:
XSupremacy wrote:

Sure, that's disappointing if you showed up on the day it's down, but my no means is that a major event that's going to cost RMC or six flags major distress. There's always going to be nagging issues like that for a brand new ride. The fault should be on the park for not communicating the issue better so people don't wait in line for 8 hours for it to open

I agree with that. the park should have communicated with people when it went down on Saturday so people could have changed their plans.
https://coasterdemon.com/
1 Steel. The Joker SFDK
1 Wood. Ghostrider (after GCI rehab)

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Mon May 30, 2016 1:19 pm

website says, the joker coming soon. i'm glad to have gotten to ride it on friday since i made a special one day trip. if i wasn't able to, oh well, sht happens.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby JeromyL » Mon May 30, 2016 2:37 pm

Did Joker open today? (website says its open?)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/1ca0001026f6d685dfa4545ede364cfc.jpg[/img][/url]

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Fire2box » Mon May 30, 2016 3:03 pm

JeromyL wrote:Did Joker open today? (website says its open?)

the website makes no mention of V2 being down for the past 3-4 months or however long it's been down. If you really want to find out you'd have to call the park or wait for someone who went today.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby scooterdoug » Mon May 30, 2016 5:03 pm

Fire2box wrote:
JeromyL wrote:Did Joker open today? (website says its open?)

the website makes no mention of V2 being down for the past 3-4 months or however long it's been down. If you really want to find out you'd have to call the park or wait for someone who went today.

The website says that V2 is temporarily closed. The Joker, it says, is open. Not sure how accurate that is, but it is acknowledging V2's closure.
Aikido: Why fight when you can flow?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!