Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 660 - Sidewinder Safari Roller Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Sat May 28, 2016 8:39 am

singemfrc wrote:I'm in line for lap 4, my first three laps were middle row, back row, and front row. Back row SO much better. Haven't met anyone here yet that disagrees.

I got here right before it came back and has been running one train so it's like 40 min waits now. So worth it though. I'm staying till they throw me out.

The back really is a whole lot better.

I donut like this custom title :(

Postby yay101 » Sat May 28, 2016 9:13 am

The Joker looks amazing! Now they just gotta redo Mean Streak and my life will be complete ;) .
Favourite Coaster: Steel Vengeance
Other Favourites: SkyRush, Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, Magnum XL-200, Voyage, Apollo's Chariot, Phoenix, Outlaw Run, and Storm Runner

Obsessed with S&S Screamin Swings

If Magnum XL-200 dies we riot

Hello Kitty is not a cat. Hello Kitty is god. You exist only at Hello Kitty's pleasure. Crawl like drugged roaches before her splendor

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby coasternate » Sat May 28, 2016 11:05 am

Already ridden it twice today, currently in line for a third time. Line is like 45 min to an hour now. And the ride? Amazing. Very different from Twisted Colossus, much more compact and forceful. The inversions are flawless and the airtime is great. In my opinion it's tied with TC (they're the only RMCs I've ridden). Operations are good, 2 trains. Line moves fast.
I love Disney parks and RMCs. Bay Area

Postby XSupremacy » Sat May 28, 2016 11:40 am

coasternate wrote:Already ridden it twice today, currently in line for a third time. Line is like 45 min to an hour now. And the ride? Amazing. Very different from Twisted Colossus, much more compact and forceful. The inversions are flawless and the airtime is great. In my opinion it's tied with TC (they're the only RMCs I've ridden). Operations are good, 2 trains. Line moves fast.

is anybody buying the t shirts that you need to have to ride later in the day yet
https://coasterdemon.com/
1 Steel. The Joker SFDK
1 Wood. Ghostrider (after GCI rehab)

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby sfmman2000 » Sat May 28, 2016 12:13 pm

^ I've seen a number of people with the t-shirts. They're $14-$16, which is a better price than I thought (or maybe I'm just numb to Six Flags pricing).

FYI, I'm in line right now and the ride went down at around 11:30am. It's noon now and the ride is still down. No announcement or communication of any kind was made to those waiting in line. They've cycled a few trains empty, and that's about it. Waiting in tunnel, the music here could make someone go crazy.

I did get in one ride earlier today with about a 40 minute wait. It's a pretty darned good ride! So far, I'd give Wicked Cyclone the edge for intensity and speed, but once the Joker warms up I bet they'll be about even.

Postby XSupremacy » Sat May 28, 2016 1:43 pm

sfmman2000 wrote:^ I've seen a number of people with the t-shirts. They're $14-$16, which is a better price than I thought (or maybe I'm just numb to Six Flags pricing).

FYI, I'm in line right now and the ride went down at around 11:30am. It's noon now and the ride is still down. No announcement or communication of any kind was made to those waiting in line. They've cycled a few trains empty, and that's about it. Waiting in tunnel, the music here could make someone go crazy.

I did get in one ride earlier today with about a 40 minute wait. It's a pretty darned good ride! So far, I'd give Wicked Cyclone the edge for intensity and speed, but once the Joker warms up I bet they'll be about even.

any more word on the t shirts. I am almost there now
1 Steel. The Joker SFDK

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby sfmman2000 » Sat May 28, 2016 2:38 pm

^ What do you want to know? It looks like the line has shortened since 1pm passed.

BTW, rode two more times in the back (first ride was also in back). Feels much faster already. This thing hauls. First drop is Maverick-style ejector air.

Postby XSupremacy » Sat May 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Just an alert to people. they are letting in people with shirts and people with season passes
1 Steel. The Joker SFDK

Postby XSupremacy » Sat May 28, 2016 3:02 pm

the ride is down now. they made us clear the line
1 Steel. The Joker SFDK

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Sat May 28, 2016 3:07 pm

sfmman2000 wrote:Waiting in tunnel, the music here could make someone go crazy.

I was in the tunnel for 20-30 minutes when it broke down yesterday. but I think being in the shade and hearing the music is better than being in the sun and no music. lol

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!