Lincoln Park (Comet) Discussion Thread

P. 10: Remaining pieces of the Comet now fully demolished
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Rock Your Cock!

Lincoln Park (Comet) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Fan » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:03 pm

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at the now closed Lincoln Park, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion.

Below are some links to past announcements and updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

March 31st, 2005 - Photos show Comet overrun by trees - SEE BELOW!

January 25th, 2008 - Park's demolition pending
June 24th, 2008 - Comet ravaged by the elements
August 31st, 2008 - Much of the Comet still standing amidst park demolition work

May 20th, 2009 - Little Amerricka buys Comet trains, hopes to build Comet clone in the future

November 8th, 2010 - Sections of the Comet structure have collapsed - Photos

November 11th, 2011 - More photos of Comet as additional ride portions fall apart

May 9th, 2012 - Permits filed for Comet demolition
July 15th, 2012 - Remaining pieces of the Comet now fully demolished

A few photos from my last vist to Lincoln Park a few weeks ago. There is a fence along the front side of the park. But the other sides dont have a fence or anything. I also saw a few people going on a walk with a dog in the parking lot next to the coaster.. So I just went in real quick to take a few photos of the coaster.

One of the hills on the ride.

From inside the station.

This is how high the lifthill is... Now... (the rest fell over in the winter... I have a few photos from on top of the lifthill from last fall.. I could dig out )

And one last photo.. That shows where the rest of the lifthill went...
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:16 pm.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby bobpuppet » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:16 am

Wow The Comet was the very first coaster I ever rode. My family went several times a year to Lincoln Park(along with Canobie and Riverside) when I was a kid. It makes me sad sad to see what has become of the place :cry:

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: New photos of the Lincoln Park Comet

Postby Musical Pete » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:03 am

Canobie Fan wrote:This is how high the lifthill is... Now... (the rest fell over in the winter... I have a few photos from on top of the lifthill from last fall.. I could dig out )

Yes please! :)

You'd think as someone who loves old coasters, I'd hate seeing photos of defunct or arguably worse decrpid SBNO old coasters, but I really love studying them. When in operation they have a beautiful atmospheric character, and when standing derelict, sagged and perhaps in places collapsed, they have a whole different, but equally enchanting mysterious character. I love browsing derelict photos of Chippewa Lake and Idora etc, every so often..

I'd love for someone at Puritas Springs to climb down into the ravine and take photos of the Cyclone track supposedly still sitting in place at the bottom, of what was a 90' drop. I doubt I'll see that though. :roll:

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: New photos of the Lincoln Park Comet

Postby MrMorgan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:21 pm

Musical Pete wrote:
I'd love for someone at Puritas Springs to climb down into the ravine and take photos of the Cyclone track supposedly still sitting in place at the bottom, of what was a 90' drop. I doubt I'll see that though. :roll:

yes! me, too. i love sbno rides and closed parks. i got to visit idora before everything got bulldozed and chippewa lake, too. it's so creepy; like you can feel the energy of all the memories and fun... er something.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Location: Parkersburg,West Virginia(4 hours from Cedar Point)

Postby Robbie » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:16 pm

Personally its really sad and almost depressing, but at Pete said some how also enchanting :cry:

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:48 pm

Oh... so you all want more photos? 8)

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby MrMorgan » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:50 am

awesome. i've always thought the comet looked like a great figure-8 twister style coaster, ala coney island cyclone, (especially with the turn over the first drop heading back to the station). has anyone ever seen a video of it anywhere? if so, please post the link.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Musical Pete » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:45 am

Ahha, nice panorama. :)

I've not seen video footage, but Bob Hooley did have a feature page or two on his site about it, with operational onride photos. Atleast I think he did, it's a while since I've visited his site. There were quite a few defunct coasters on there, and it could've been one of many..

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby verticalzero » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:50 am

Thanks for posting those pictures, Will you be posting anymore. :D

Its sad to see a coaster just left to rot and die slowly :(

Did this coaster have good "Airtime" and what type of trains did it have, was it N.A.D ones..?

Anyone got a POV of it running..?

Hope Gravity Group or S&S Power could copy this coaster for all the people who did not ride it.

Go Patriots!

Postby momo1tx » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:53 pm

I read Little A-Merrick-A intends to recreate this coaster and use the original cars sometime in the distant future, according to rcdb. So this coaster may actually live on.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!