Sesame Place Discussion Thread

P.3 - Oscar's Wacky Taxi Wooden Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Sesame Place Discussion Thread

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:48 am

Looks great! It’s always nice to see small parks expand with another large coaster. Even though SeaWorld just worked with GCI on Invadr, I have a feeling this is going to be a GG creation, mostly because they seem to “specialize” in these kiddie wooden coasters due to their train’s increased flexibility for the tight turns. But either way, this is a great addition!
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:52 am

coasterbill wrote:Ugh... I'm so torn on this place. It's nearby, we have a Season Pass to Busch / SeaWorld parks, I'll definitely drive by it from time to time and now they have two perfectly respectable looking coasters but it's f*cking Sesame Place and we're two grown a** adults so I've never been there.

I feel like now we just need to bite the bullet and go for it, then never speak of this again.

If you've never been you should go! It's actually REALLY NICE little park! I actually don't think you'd feel that out of place to be honest.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:54 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Looks great! It’s always nice to see small parks expand with another large coaster. Even though SeaWorld just worked with GCI on Invadr, I have a feeling this is going to be a GG creation, mostly because they seem to “specialize” in these kiddie wooden coasters due to their train’s increased flexibility for the tight turns. But either way, this is a great addition!

Those stats seem to line up closely to Roar-o-saurus so I thought the same thing.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Cinecitta World & Rainbow MagicLand

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:54 am

This looks like it could be surprisingly awesome. Getting some good Wooden Warrior vibes off of this one, or maybe an InvadR Jr.

Here's hoping my daughter gets up to that 40" minimum by next year, it looks like she'd love this one!

coasterbill wrote:Ugh... I'm so torn on this place. It's nearby, we have a Season Pass to Busch / SeaWorld parks, I'll definitely drive by it from time to time and now they have two perfectly respectable looking coasters but it's f*cking Sesame Place and we're two grown a** adults so I've never been there.

Plus: No beer jail!
Minus: No beer, period.

Canobie Coaster wrote:And the number of adult enthusiasts visiting the place next year has just shot up. Honestly they needed another coaster. Vapor Trail had a half hour wait (yes I went) during my visit.

It's still gonna be weird for solo enthusiasts. I expect a ton of awkward glances and staring at anyone without kids. :lol:
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [216]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TheTristanA » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 am

I'm tempted to go here now on our Giant East Coast Trip, but we already probably have too many parks lined up.
I probably couldn't have my friends pay a good amount of money to go to a children's show themed park.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:08 am

I confirmed with the park - This is a Gravity Group coaster.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:19 am

^ :nina: Thanks, Robb!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:30 am

robbalvey wrote:A 40” rider height requirement (with a supervising companion) or 46” height requirement for single riders will make this the perfect first coaster for many park guests.

46" for single riders seems a bit steep when similar coasters like Wooden Warrior and Coastersaurus have 42" restrictions, but at least it's offset by the 40" requirement w/ a companion. Should help make sure this ride is accessible to pretty much everyone in the park's targeted audience.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:34 am

Definitely good to hear about the Gravity Group connection. I haven't been on many yet, but I've enjoyed what I've rode. If this thing is half as good as Wooden Warrior the kids and I will be happy campers indeed... and with it being only 40 feet tall, I might even be able to talk the wife into it!

And Michael, as a dad of little ones, when they're 40" to begin with you don't want them doing that much on their own anyway. 40" with companion is fantastic IMO.
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [216]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:43 am

robbalvey wrote:If you've never been you should go! It's actually REALLY NICE little park! I actually don't think you'd feel that out of place to be honest.

That's great to hear! I'm sure we'll get there in the next year or so to check this thing out. It looks like a great little ride, it definitely has a "Wooden Warrior" vibe and we loved that thing.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!