TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sesame Place Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Sesame Place, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion.

Official Resort Website

Below are some links to past updates from the resort, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

November 8th, 2010 - Sesame Place to debut Neighborhood Street Party Parade

October 6th, 2013 - A Big Furry Announcement on the way?

October 13th, 2013 - Sesame Place announces Cookie Monster Land

February 20th, 2014 - Good Ship Sesame to get facelift!

Original Post:

http://www.sesameplaceblog.com/rock-around-block-last-time

On Sunday, October 31, 2010, Sesame Place will officially retire “The Rock Around the Block Parade.” The parade, which debuted in 1997, has delighted millions of Sesame Place guests with its exciting rhythms, toe-tapping sounds and dance numbers performed by everyone’s favorite Sesame Street friends. Don’t miss your chance to catch the parade before it is gone! See the parade each Saturday and Sunday through October 31st.

For those guests wanting a lasting memory of the Rock Around the Block Parade, the Rock Around the Block Parade float will be available in the main plaza of the park for photos on Saturday, October 30 and Sunday, October 31 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

http://www.sesameplaceblog.com/sesame-place-debut-new-parade-2011

Sesame Place will debut a brand-new parade at the park on Saturday, April 30, 2011. The exciting new parade, the “Neighborhood Street Party” parade, will feature three show-stopping performances that help kids learn about letters, numbers and friendship. With 11 larger-than-life floats, the parade is a neighborhood celebration filled with fun, friends and memories.

The “Neighborhood Street Party” parade will allow guests to experience an energetic neighborhood block party on iconic Sesame Street with all of their favorite friends, including: Elmo, Count Von Count, Bert & Ernie, Abby Cadabby, Zoe, Cookie Monster, Rosita, Big Bird and Telly. The parade will feature familiar contemporary tunes, as well as Sesame Street favorites that are sure to get everyone joining in the fun.

Dying to know what type of floats you can expect? Here is a preview of the floats just for you:

Parade1-276x438.JPG.322640fd49ba3166cef9ac7b4c11aa2d.JPG

Neighborhood_Street_Party_Art-614x470.png.c7ef6b826664e0dcfc7e44e4ffe89656.png

Edited by robbalvey

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sesameplace.com/en/langhorne/Play/Dry-Fun/Cookie-Monster-Land?from=Front_Page_Bottom_Promo

b4cebd74eac34494a4073b13affdbd5d_460x345_landingpage.jpg.4395951980e9cda84677325800fec822.jpg

Sesame Place will open its furriest land ever in May 2014 – Cookie’s Monster Land™! Cookie Monster will serve as host to all of his monster friends in this colorful and imaginative new land featuring five exciting rides, a three-story net climb, and a soft play area for the park’s youngest visitors.

Everyone’s favorite Sesame Street monsters will come together in a fun-filled land with attractions and play areas that families can enjoy together throughout the year, including Captain Cookie’s High "C’s" Adventure, Oscar’s Rotten Rusty Rockets, The Honker Dinger Derby, Flying Cookie Jars and the Monster Mix-Up. The updated “1-2-3 Smile with Me!” interactive photo location also gives everyone the chance to share a furry hug and a smile with Cookie Monster and his monster friends.

ATTRACTIONS

CAPTAIN COOKIE’S HIGH “C’s” ADVENTURE

Ahoy Monsters! Set sail on a high seas adventure with Captain Cookie. Enjoy the rolling waves of the ocean with the speed of the wind!

OSCAR’S ROTTEN RUSTY ROCKETS

Join Oscar the Grouch and his best pal Slimey as they blast off on their monstrous space mission! Even the grouchiest of grouches will giggle and glide through the straight-aways and around the curves in each trash-can rocketship.

HONKER DINGER DERBY

Cruise up & down and all around on the Honker Dinger Derby! Experience the twists and turns in colorful derby cars on this exciting ride designed for monsters 42” and up.

MONSTER MIX-UP

Get up, get down and go around and around with everyone’s favorite furry monsters! Move and groove as you spin across the dance floor in our disco ball teacups on this family favorite ride.

FLYING COOKIE JARS

Spin around in a giant cookie jar 40 feet above the ground for a monster’s eye view of the park. Soar high into the sky while visions of cookies dance in your head. Nom, nom, nom.

MONSTER CLUBHOUSE

Everyone is welcome at the Monster Clubhouse - no secret password necessary! Discover new levels of fun, climbing, and exploring on this 3-story colorful net climb. Kids and parents alike will have a monster of a good time playing together on this fun filled structure.

MINI MONSTER CLUBHOUSE

The Mini Monster Clubhouse is a soft play area designed for kids 5 and under. While bigger kids play in the Monster Clubhouse, mini monsters can jump, climb, crawl and play their way through this colorful toddler play area.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

460x345_CMLEnviro.jpg.740ed7c07e616c55e66cd9960f5378d6.jpg

• 4 months later...

https://twitter.com/SesamePlace/status/435779893239230464/photo/1

Who's had ENOUGH snow this year?! #sesameplace

BgwzgQEIEAAEmqN.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.bd89da0dbdb1329d6e469b6a2fed49d9.jpeg

http://www.sesameplaceblog.com/good-ship-sesame-renovation

Good Ship Sesame is getting a facelift! Your Sesame Street friends wanted to take a ride on the ship, so we are making some enhancements! In 1990, the 60-foot Good Ship Sesame docked at the entrance to Sesame Island, our tropical-themed area of the park. This spring, you will see that your Sesame friends have now climbed aboard. Check out the photos below and make sure you follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and our Blog for more Sesame Place updates!

Bg8cKnVIIAA3KmA.jpg-large.jpeg.e207697325efd13fbbc3ac0095428a20.jpeg

http://www.sesameplaceblog.com/monstrous-construction-update-cookie-s-sometimes-anytime-food-market

The foundation for Cookie’s Sometimes Anytime Food Market is being placed and samples of the giant cookie jar have arrived at the park. Cookie’s Sometimes Anytime Food Market will be located in the new Cookie’s Monster Land opening May 2014. The food market will offer a variety of grab-and-go sandwiches, salads, snacks and beverages to satisfy hungry little monsters.

render-300x169.jpg.d87bde734cf807403b1c2d867c3b5cd9.jpg

This rendering shows what the final cookie jar market will look like.

c2-300x300.jpg.f4755a40908c30a4ab402e4ce879d2ce.jpg

See the outline of just how big this cookie jar will be!

c3-300x225.jpg.ea4a6dca00c478bb12d9cca18c620e53.jpg

This is a sample of the exterior wall of the cookie jar.

https://twitter.com/SesamePlace/status/438316113383157760/photo/1

Wow! That's going to be a big cookie jar in Cookies Monster Land!

BhU2LsOIIAAD6gr.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.3210aee679d9367ea36a72e78da06873.jpeg

• 2 years later...

Doesn't the fact that no one's posted in this thread in over two years answer that question for you?

But seriously, I wouldn't waste my time. There's only one credit and I've heard from many people that the park doesn't pull the best crowds.

But seriously, I wouldn't waste my time. There's only one credit and I've heard from many people that the park doesn't pull the best crowds.

There's one credit there!! That automatically makes it worth going to.

It's Sesame Place. No. Just no. Unless you have a child under the age of six with you, then no. Non. Nein. Nyet. Nei. Aon. Ne. Nie. Nej.

If you do decide to go through with it, make sure you immediately post in this thread. I guarantee you will immediately become its king.

Something more surprising than a coaster nerd trying to rationalize riding a kiddie coaster at a kiddie park: there's actually a Sesame Place thread?

It's Sesame Place. No. Just no. Unless you have a child under the age of six with you, then no. Non. Nein. Nyet. Nei. Aon. Ne. Nie. Nej.

If you do decide to go through with it, make sure you immediately post in this thread. I guarantee you will immediately become its king.

Something more surprising than a coaster nerd trying to rationalize riding a kiddie coaster at a kiddie park: there's actually a Sesame Place thread?

In 2011, they had a shoppers pass where if you bought something, You got refunded admission. Do they still do that?

Does anyone go to this place? I'm thinking about stopping in before the crowds, ie: kids, show up.

Just do it, breh. At least it's a Vekoma Roller Skater and not some tiny 400 ft long kiddie coaster from a carnival.

• 1 year later...

I've seen rumors of a wooden coaster. I think it would work. Something a bit on the milder side from GCI similar to White Lightning or Invadr, but less intense.

In other news, I would like Sandstorm back from them. It's one of the few spinning type rides I can stand. I love it's replacement (Falcon's Fury), but with a lackluster line-up of flats as it already was, it was a shame to lose the only one I really liked before FF...lol

In other news, I would like Sandstorm back from them. It's one of the few spinning type rides I can stand. I love it's replacement (Falcon's Fury), but with a lackluster line-up of flats as it already was, it was a shame to lose the only one I really liked before FF...lol

Sesame Place is a stand-alone theme park located in Pennsylvania. I assume from what you wrote, you're thinking of the Sesame Street themed kiddie section at Busch Gardens Tampa?

Sesame Place is a stand-alone theme park located in Pennsylvania. I assume from what you wrote, you're thinking of the Sesame Street themed kiddie section at Busch Gardens Tampa?

Actually Sesame Place is part of the SeaWorld/Busch Gardens chain. And the Honker Dinner Derby ride is the old Sandstorm ride from Busch Tampa.