TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR announces our 2nd Annual Coaster Video Contest!

Hey everyone!

The information a lot of you have been waiting for! Our 2nd annual coaster video contest is here!

Videos need to be submitted by April 1st, so get your videos in soon!

There have been a few changes to the rules and the details of the

contest, for example, this year, we will wait to announce the "TPR"

winners until all the ballots for the readers choice winners have

been submitted and we will announce all winners at the same time.

Please check out the contest rules for all the updates.

The link to all the rules and everything you need to know is here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/contest2005/contest2005.htm

Good luck to everyone and I hope we get a lot of entries this year!

If you have any questions or comments about the contest, please post them here.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My video was an MPEG but I converted it to Pinnicle's Studio 8. I rendered the video as an AVI but now when I play the video it says:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

Although, the video plays all the way through just fine. It's only after the movie is over that the message pops up. Will it still work if I send it in on a Data CD?

We need to be able to watch it on TV, so if you are sending it in a data format, it HAS to be a high quality "DV" .avi file at 720x480 for NTSC that I can watch through a DV camera hooked up to the TV.

If your data file satisfies this requirement, then please send it in!

--Robb

I appreciate R&E doing the contest again this year. It was a lot of fun seeing a lot of talented people doing videos. I have a few in my arsenal to enter. Mine are devoid of nudity or swearing, so they'll be boring!

Well, there goes my attempt at submitting a video. The deadline is April 1st and the parks here don't open until Mid-April. Is there going to be another contest later this year Robb?

Didn't you shoot anything ALL of last year?!!? This is the same time we did the contest last year and we got plenty of entries. I don't know if there will be another contest or not, it's a lot of work to do videos, and put on two contests, and work full time!

Elissa "go rummage through old stuff!" Alvey

Didn't you shoot anything ALL of last year?!!? This is the same time we did the contest last year and we got plenty of entries. I don't know if there will be another contest or not, it's a lot of work to do videos, and put on two contests, and work full time!

Elissa "go rummage through old stuff!" Alvey

Like once and the footage was crap. And as for Hersheypark and Knoebels, I only brought my digi cam and that was it.

Craiggers "Really wants to put effort into the next video" K.

Woohoo!! Another contest!!

I have on question, and I generally have a feeling that the answer is "no," but I thought I'd run it by just in case.

On a trip to the DLR last December, I was able to borrow a friend's camcorder and shoot some footage, and I made a sort of "two-in-one" video of DCA and Disneyland that used two different songs that led into each other. Thus, the video, which is basically two segments, has each segment lead into each other.

However, the total length puts it at like 8:30, which is about three and a half minutes too long according to the specification. However, since I kind of consider it to be one vid, I was wondering if you could make an exception for me. It's just a request, and I don't expect an assent, but I figured asking was better than nothing.

If the above request is denied, does that mean I have to do a quick re-edit and send only the half that I want submitted myself, or can I send you the full 8min 30sec file, specify that you use the DCA portion, and you guys can edit it out for me? Basically, do I need to trim my video or can you?

In either case, I'll be mailing the file on a DVD, with the file in DV avi format. Unless you can suggest a program that can encode my video onto a DVD that's viewable on a television.

Thanks!

^ As much as we would like to, we can't. We extended the length of time that a video could be from 4 minutes to 5 minutes, but we need to stick to that, mainly because if your video gets picked, an 8 minute download would equal a file size so large that your video would probably not get downloaded that much, thus not get many votes.

We need to keep ALL the entries consistent so we know how to budget for bandwidth, disk space, etc.

--Robb

Hey dudes,

you might wonder who I am, so I'll tell you, I'm Thibault Van Look, and I live in Belgium (europe)!

I would love to participate in the contest, but, because I bought my camera at the end of last season (october 2004), I don't have lots of good themepark images+ bad weather! Still I want to make a video just for kicks !

I already made a few:

Europa Park

Big Tunder Mountain (the European version )

Winja's Fear & Force

Silver Star

What do you guys think? Should I take part in the contest ?

ShadowForce,

As long as your video is "postmarked" by April 1st, meaning it needs be in the mail by April 1st. It can arrive a few days later.

Also, I need to think about this, but would it help if I extended the deadline to April 15th?

--Robb

If there's a broad support for extending the deadline, I'd be very happy with some more days to work with, but whatever I could make wouldn't be worth extending the deadline for. One question though, do you want the video on a Dvd or can a Cd do? And would you consider having a contest like this next year? That'll give me a whole year to learn using Pinnacle Studio!

How do you know you're the first?

I guess I can be one of the first unless someone in California already sent theirs!

I think extending the deadline would be good. April 15? Taxes and videos are due the same day!

BTW, who are the judges in the contest anyway?

The TPR Team:

SharkTums - The real plastic shark complete with Bottle of Tums Antacid Fighting Action

RatTums - We take him out of his cage and see which video he poops on first

Loud Guy - Our upstairs neighbor will play his stereo really loud if he doesn't like your music selection

Loud Guy's Dog - Will Run into walls if he doesn't like a video

And Many, Many more!

Elissa "seriously though, we get a bunch of people who are interested in coasters and have seen lots of videos and we watch them a few times with different groups of people" Alvey