TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR announces our 2nd Annual Coaster Video Contest!

Putting your video on a MiniDV tape is great!

We're estimating that the winners will be announced the weekend of our Party!

As for honorable mentions, it will depend on how many entries we get and awesome they all are!

Elissa "so far they all look amazing, it's going to be hard judging!" Alvey

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Hmm...when it was saved as "DVD Format" did it compress it? It needs to be an uncompressed AVI for it to be eligible. (Usually a 4 minute video is around 600 MB uncompressed).

We don't watch them on the computer, we either import all the files into Adobe Premiere, output them onto a DV tape and watch them on TV, or watch the entries off a DVD if they have been submitted that way.

Sorry for such strict rules, but in order for us to judge all the entries fairly, they all need to follow certain quality standards.

--Robb

oh boy im getting nervous now...I dont know if you guys recieved my video yet (DVD has top gun on the disk) but I saved my files as mpegbecause I didnt use adobe for my video editing. (at work right now and cant think of the program) but it saved the actual clips as MPEG when I save it to make DVD. Well time will tell....

guess I'm lucky. This was my first time editing, and I couldn't figure out how to make Premiere Pro compress it right to save it to a CD, so i just exported onto a miniDV tape.

My ignorance saves my butt yet again.

But, like Jarmor, I'm also nervous. Not that ya'll won't be able to view it. . . just that it'll suck immensely and you won't WANT to view it.

Everyone who's seen it says they really like it. But no one wants to lie to their friends, right?

well, thaaaank you, rob! then why, pray tell, do the rules say this:

Therefore ALL entries MUST be submitted by mailing us your video on either DV tape in NTSC or PAL format, DVD (non-region encoded, using compression no less than 8kbit/sec),

^^ Yeah...I can see where that can be confusing....for next year then I need to change the word "non" to "any" or "non-specific" or something a little more clear.

"non-region encoded" is obviously preferable, I guess I just assumed that most everyone's DVD burner software had a check-box for no region encoding. I believe even the free version of Nero has that, but I could be mistaken.

--Robb

If we submit on a miniDV tape will we be able to get the tape back?

I was going to submit my videos on a DVD, but my burner is giving me fits.

Just curious as a DVD disc is much cheaper for me then a tape.

Sort of off topic, but I was under the impression that re-using MiniDV tapes was a bad idea, as you'll get a lot of drop outs and such. Anyone know if this is the case? I've never actually tried it. Your message made me think of this. If it's not a problem, I have a lot of old tapes I could re-use!

Good luck to all that entered the contest! I didn't enter because I've been too busy with other projects and travelling. Not that my random cat footage and death metal soundtrack would have won anything but the "fastest ejected" award...

Dave "should have submitted the old video segment set to an In Flames song" Thomas

^Cool!

Maybe I should have visited SoCal the first week of June to see if I'm a video contest winner! Maybe I can hit Robb and Elissa with bags of cotton candy at SFMM until they tell me who the winners are.