Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

P. 106 - Untamed POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"
User avatar
 
Posts: 493
Joined: 18 Dec 2013
Location: Mallorca
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby Projektion » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:26 am

Image
Image
Image

Source: Loopings.nl
Coasters: 90
Favorite Steel: Taron
Favorite Wood: Balder

My Youtube channel, where I make all sorts of NL2 creations

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!
User avatar
 
Posts: 6077
Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Gender: None specified
Age: 22

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:19 am

I love the reflecting surface! Curious about how they can prevent scratches on the surface because a little bit of scratch would be ugly enough to ruin everything.

Nothing beats Cali coasters
User avatar
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Location: Ocean Beach, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby chickenbowl » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:35 am

Rill'o'beily wrote:Oh...

Well this just lowered the excitement on this ride by about 50000%

We have a million of these compact inversion-y coasters that seem to end up to
be just mediocre, so lets just hope that this is really good...


I disagree with your opinion here. We may have a lot of Eurofighters, but this looks like a cut above the rest. First off, it's Mack! Have you been on a larger Mack recently? Manta is amazingly smooth and I've heard amazing things about Blue Fire and Helix as well as Storm and Flah at Lewa World. I think seeing Macks take on this will be very exciting. Another difference between this and a typical gerst Eurofighter is the focus on airtime. This looks a lot more interesting than most Eurofighters to me. This coaster has super unique elements (the outward banked tophat thing? The super tight apex airtime hill?). I am way more excited about this than any gerst that isn't Karnan or possibly Junker. And those are Infinity coasters right?

Macks future is super exciting to me, I can't wait to see what else they are doing!
Image
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

What would donkeys be like on the moon?
User avatar
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 17 May 2014
Gender: Male
Age: 35

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby theredskull84 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:59 am

I 100% agree with this. The layout looks incredibly interesting to me. And riding on those "wing" seats will probably be quite the experience. :b overall it looks way more unique than most eurofighters I've seen. Can't wait to see it make some runs!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?
User avatar
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: 07 Jan 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby RCT3Bross » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:08 am

Yes they have fixed trains. Hoped on this. They really look nice and winged seats this is a ride to love.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!
User avatar
 
Posts: 6498
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Location: Portugal
Gender: Male
Age: 23

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby rcjp » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:22 am

Wow that first drop on a wing seat is going to be insane! :lover:
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!
User avatar
 
Posts: 6077
Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Gender: None specified
Age: 22

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:27 am

chickenbowl wrote:
Rill'o'beily wrote:Oh...

Well this just lowered the excitement on this ride by about 50000%

We have a million of these compact inversion-y coasters that seem to end up to
be just mediocre, so lets just hope that this is really good...


I disagree with your opinion here. We may have a lot of Eurofighters, but this looks like a cut above the rest. First off, it's Mack! Have you been on a larger Mack recently? Manta is amazingly smooth and I've heard amazing things about Blue Fire and Helix as well as Storm and Flah at Lewa World. I think seeing Macks take on this will be very exciting. Another difference between this and a typical gerst Eurofighter is the focus on airtime. This looks a lot more interesting than most Eurofighters to me. This coaster has super unique elements (the outward banked tophat thing? The super tight apex airtime hill?). I am way more excited about this than any gerst that isn't Karnan or possibly Junker. And those are Infinity coasters right?

Macks future is super exciting to me, I can't wait to see what else they are doing!

Have you been on a large scale Euro Fighter? And Flash is not even opened yet, how can you hear amazing things about it? Also, Gerstlauer has been doing off-axis transitions on Euro Fighters before RMC did NTaG and Mack basically just modified one of RMC's element. Yes this is a very interesting layout, but I don't think it's any better than the newer Gerstlauer coasters.

Nothing beats Cali coasters
User avatar
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Location: Ocean Beach, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby chickenbowl » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:35 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:
chickenbowl wrote:
Rill'o'beily wrote:Oh...

Well this just lowered the excitement on this ride by about 50000%

We have a million of these compact inversion-y coasters that seem to end up to
be just mediocre, so lets just hope that this is really good...


I disagree with your opinion here. We may have a lot of Eurofighters, but this looks like a cut above the rest. First off, it's Mack! Have you been on a larger Mack recently? Manta is amazingly smooth and I've heard amazing things about Blue Fire and Helix as well as Storm and Flah at Lewa World. I think seeing Macks take on this will be very exciting. Another difference between this and a typical gerst Eurofighter is the focus on airtime. This looks a lot more interesting than most Eurofighters to me. This coaster has super unique elements (the outward banked tophat thing? The super tight apex airtime hill?). I am way more excited about this than any gerst that isn't Karnan or possibly Junker. And those are Infinity coasters right?

Macks future is super exciting to me, I can't wait to see what else they are doing!

Have you been on a large scale Euro Fighter? And Flash is not even opened yet, how can you hear amazing things about it? Also, Gerstlauer has been doing off-axis transitions on Euro Fighters before RMC did NTaG and Mack basically just modified one of RMC's element. Yes this is a very interesting layout, but I don't think it's any better than the newer Gerstlauer coasters.


I have, I find them sorta rough (Mystery Mine) or very boring (Dare Devil Dive). I haven't heard any good news on them getting any smoother (I read Karnan was rough on opening day). Flash opened in January actually, and the POV looks better than any Gerstlauer I've ever seen. Most Eurofighters seem pretty standard to me at this point. Takabisha has some interesting elements, but I'd be worried about roughness on that one.

I feel like Gerstlauer has great ideas and great elements but poor execution. I see a lot more potential from Mack in the future.

*I also read Helix had some shuffling problems on their trains opening season but got fixed before 2015.
Image
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 1307
Joined: 18 Dec 2005
Gender: None specified

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby KingRCT3 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:42 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Mack basically just modified one of RMC's element.

Which one are you talking about? I don't see any RMC influence in here. ;)

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!
User avatar
 
Posts: 6077
Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Gender: None specified
Age: 22

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:52 am

^^The park is not even opened yet, that video of Flash is from a test run. And by large scale Euro Fighter I mean Takabisha size.
KingRCT3 wrote:
gerstlaueringvar wrote:Mack basically just modified one of RMC's element.

Which one are you talking about? I don't see any RMC influence in here. ;)

Wave turn

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron