Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

P. 106 - Untamed POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby Invertalon » Sun May 05, 2019 10:44 am

A.J. wrote:After riding Twisted Cyclone I'm definitely a fan of Rocky Mountain's coasters, but seeing Walibi Belgium and Parc Asterix's new Intamin coaster concepts makes me feel like won't see a "no frills, no craziness, just awesome" ride like Superman, Expedition GeForce, or Goliath, for a long while, if ever again.

That being said, Untamed keeps looking better and I can't wait to experience it.

Yeah, which is a bummer!

I mean, I like the RMC rides I've been on (so far that includes Goliath, Joker, Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone and Storm Chaser), with Wicked Cyclone and Goliath being my favorite of the bunch actually. All really fun, though. I just would love to see RMC pump out something like Voyage or something comparable, in terms of airtime and layout, with their I-Beam track. Would be a huge hit, me thinks.
-Steve

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sun May 05, 2019 11:00 am

^ That's one reason why I like Twisted Timbers over Steel Vengeance, because of the repeating relentless traditional airtime hills that TT has. A twisty RMC is still a GREAT ride that I would take over 99% of what's out there, don't get me wrong, but I would like to see that as well.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Sun May 05, 2019 7:12 pm

I don’t think you’re crazy at all. I place Storm Chaser above Outlaw Run, Goliath, and NTaG (all the other RMC’s I’ve ridden) because it focuses on sustained ejector airtime. All the latter were good rides but aren’t all that as some people suggest. Abrupt ejector doesn’t really do that much for me.

I have the same predicament with Lightning Run. A GREAT ride, but not something I rave about. It has particularly abrupt airtime even amongst’s Allen’s creations (within my experience) and I just wish I could have more time to enjoy each moment.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Mon May 06, 2019 9:01 am

Just saw the final Inversion on a Dutch Forum. The person couldn't link the official source so I won't post it here. But the inversion looks like a low to the ground version of Outlaw Run's 153 Degree Over-banked Curve. That means that the final lay-out will be as shown down below (I know the image isn't 100% correct it's more the idea that counts):
(The final inversion is on place 15 and will curve towards Airtime Hill 9 not away from it.)
I'm a fan of it. I just love the fact that all the inversion's are spread out around the lay-out, It really points out how much wasted potential Robin Hood had with it's flat parts at almost every corner.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu May 16, 2019 7:25 am

Here's another video from Looopings, Untamed's track layout has been completed. I can't believe it opens in less than two months!

Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Fri May 17, 2019 9:00 am

Episode 7: Making of UNTAMED

Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Colossos - Heide Park

Coasters: 273 || Parks: 52

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby sirloindude » Sat May 18, 2019 4:51 am

Interesting to read some of the feedback about some RMCs having too much going on in the layout. I'm inclined to agree. I felt that Steel Vengeance having so many elements packed into the design detracted from the experience a bit. The ride is exceptionally huge, and Millennium Force right across the park showed the value of having drawn-out maneuvers that allow riders to experience the incredible speed. I'd like to see RMC find a good middle-of-the-road approach, a la some of the examples listed by Invertalon.

That said, focusing specifically on Untamed, I'll take too much going on over what the ride was as Robin Hood. Oof.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu May 23, 2019 6:03 pm

Hope its cool to post this here, this is a fantastic little documentary and this ride looks batsh*t insane.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby walibi owner » Mon May 27, 2019 9:01 am

Lost Gravity testing backwards!

https://youtu.be/-GabbXjKKhY

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Mon May 27, 2019 9:38 am

That first drop must be like being pushed backwards off a cliff! I guess it's not being tested for the public as there's no floor on the back of the train. Hopefully if it does become permanent they'll put a 'front' on the back of the car too... one good thing about double-ended trains is that it doubles the photo opportunities.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!