The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

P. 73 - Adirondack Outlaw Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Sometimes, the little things count most of all. It's always good to see a new set of flyers being installed.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:37 pm

This is a nice addition to Great Escape, flying scooters always impress me.

Anyone think the GP will confuse Screamin' Eagles to Steamin' Demon? Steamin' Eagles anyone? ;)
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:18 pm

As I've said before, I approve as long as you can snap. And yes, I'd say that's in the realm of possibility.

Neat article. I didn't realize Flyer Addicts was still active. Hadn't checked them out in a while.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby mrceagle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:16 am

I am happy to see so many positive statements about the addition. their Facebook page and a few other forums have been sharing the love.

cal1br3tto wrote:As I've said before, I approve as long as you can snap. And yes, I'd say that's in the realm of possibility.

Neat article. I didn't realize Flyer Addicts was still active. Hadn't checked them out in a while.

From the inscription I think you will be able to snap them. they talk about it operating at a high speed and stating that if you want a mild ride hold the Rutter steady.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:44 pm

Another addition to the park, but THIS year, is a something that looks like an haunted-house walk through. I saw this in the Ghosttown last time I went, with ads and the empty salloon, ready to host... It's a ghosttown, so Ghosts, maybe :roll: ?
new_DSC_4819.JPG
An add of the new "Salloon of darkness"

new_DSC_4818.JPG
An empty salloon... Is it already haunted and that's why all peoples are gone ? Scared ?
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 137

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:46 pm

Oh, and before someone tell me that I'm out of the subject... I love the new addition to the park, I guess screaming eagles are gonna be fun to control =)
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 137

Postby mrceagle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:45 pm

The topic is simply titles TGE discussion thread. so you came to the right place in my mind.

fanatic news. It's about time they got a second haunt into the park.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:30 pm

Guys, while I would LOVE for the flyers to be awesome, keep in mind we're talking about a Six Flags park here. They're probably going to be run even slower than Hersheypark runs their horrid version. The sad truth is that Knoeble's is the last park to have the balls to run the ride the way it is meant to be run.

Postby mrceagle » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:49 am

While the park is owned by Six Flags. TGE is anything but a Six Flags park. they have always been their own thing except for the short stint were they had the Loony Tunes themed area which opened with a unique theme not seen before. The news report talks about higher speeds. This is a ride were even a few extra MPH makes a big deference.

Most parks slow then down because the arms are pron to warping, cracking, and braking. Story Land Bought Whalom's Scooters that ran as hard as Knoeble's and the ride had so many cracks and warps it was cheaper to buy a new Larson model then to rehab Whalom's to be operated gain.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby ViperLover » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Is it true that the Chipper's dome is still standing?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!