Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Alton Towers Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:27 am

Those things were not the best on a flyer. The headset was quite uncomfortable during that high G fly to lie maneuver and it really slowed loading. Glad to see them removing it.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Darien Lake & Kings Island

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby oriolat » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:43 am

Glad to read that they have removed the VR from this coaster. As if flyers were not slow enough to load to need one of these headsets.

And this will allow for guests to ride at least something else, since the park's operating schedule is limited to like 2 hours a day, which I guess is the estimated queue time Galactica normally had. :lmao:

Postby JordyC » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:33 pm

^Speaking of the operating hours: the park just released their 2019 schedule...

In March, April, May and June, Alton Towers closes at 4 p.m. on most weekdays. And even in a busy month like July, the gates close several times at 4 p.m. During the rest of the summer vacation, visitors have to settle for a closure at 5 p.m. or 6 p.m.

This is really getting ridiculous.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 4. Shambhala - PortAventura 5. Taron - Phantasialand 6. Helix - Liseberg 7. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 8. Colossos - Heide Park 9. Lech Coaster - Legendia 10. Wodan - Europa-Park

Coasters: 248 || Parks: 46

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby southpuddle » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:04 pm

I’m sure if it made financial sense, they’d stay open longer. Must expect it to be pretty dead on those days. The question is how many potential guests are choosing not to go on those days BECAUSE the park closes so early, making the problem even worse.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:07 pm

I thought the park closing at 4 during my weekday visit in September was just because of the time of year I visited.

These hours sort of would force me to have to visit for two days if I go back because the park is so big you can barely do everything in one day.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Dar » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:These hours sort of would force me to have to visit for two days if I go back because the park is so big you can barely do everything in one day.

DINGDINGDING! We have a winner! Multi-day stays are Merlin's target, hence them building hotels left, right, and centre instead of spending the money on ride/park upkeep.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:04 pm

I said it a few pages back but it's an extra kick in the nuts that everything at the resorts closes early with the park.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:04 pm

Yikes, that's ridiculous.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Anything » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:59 am

A fairly busy opening day yesterday, with lots of annual passholders as you'd expect.

Review of the new Alton Towers Dungeon attraction: http://riderater.co.uk/7444/review-the-alton-towers-dungeon/

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:18 am

I can't understand why anyone would pay admission to Alton Towers, then take an hour out of an already short day and pay an additional £7.50 to see what looks to be a very similar experience to all of the other dungeons. These actor-led attractions never seem very popular in Merlin parks, and I can't see how making it an upcharge will help at all. It will be interesting to see how long it takes before it's included on the annual pass, and how much longer after that before it is changed or dropped completely.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!