Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Cjw » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:06 pm

At least it will be talled than Rita and most likely be longer.

Taller but not longer-it's basically kingda ka but half the size.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:12 pm

I've been calling it...

"Mini-Kingda Ka"

Elissa "eh, it's no X:/No Way Out!" Alvey

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Rita: Queen Whippersnapper!

Postby Homer » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:30 am

It seems Alton Towers' newest thrill, Rita: Queen of Speed, made British headlines over a 12 year old girl having her wrists broken by the ride.

Alton Towers has defended one of its rides after a mother said the force of the ride caused her daughter's wrists to break.
Amelia Seiga, 12, from Colwyn Bay, north Wales was treated for sprained wrists after going on the newly-opened Rita, Queen of Speed ride in April.

Her mother, Jane Seiga, said x-rays taken a week later showed fractures in both wrists.

The 60mph ride has been given the all-clear by safety officials.

Ms Seiga said the force of the ride was so strong it peeled Amelia's hands off the guard rail and bent her wrists back.

'Thorough investigation'

Amelia is recovering from her injuries
Medics at the scene said they were sprained but, after a week of pain, Ms Seiga asked for an x-ray which she says showed both Amelia's wrists were broken.

She is now asking for the ride's height restriction to be raised to prevent it happening to other children.

An Alton Towers spokeswoman said: "A full and thorough investigation of Rita, Queen of Speed was completed both internally by Alton Towers and externally by the Health and Safety Executive.

"The investigation concluded the ride is safe and no changes to the ride, height restrictions or operating procedures are deemed to be necessary."

A Health and Safety spokesman confirmed no faults had been found.

"However, as it is a new ride Alton Towers will continue to monitor it closely and will report any further incidents," he said.

If there were further incidents the investigation would be reopened, he added.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:41 am

Why is it "Uh-oh INTAMIN?"

--Robb "Everyone always seem to rush to point fingers at them...then again, I do know how that feels..." Alvey :wink:

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:42 am

Ok, first off I changed the 'sub-title' since this is not even remotely Intamin's fault!

Secondly, I'd like to know how she 'really' hurt her wrists. This sounds like a pretty pathetic injury!

Lastly, the mother wants the height restriction raised!?!? To what? Her daughter was 12!!! If a 12 year old can't ride a ride who can!?!?

Elissa "glad to see that stupidity and lawsuits seem to be spreading outside of the USA!" Alvey

Do you know where your wife is?

Postby PhishyBrewer » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:43 am

Well, atleast that didn't change the size of the seatbelts. :P

I find this a little hard to believe though. A 60mph ride... breaking wrist. :?:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:45 am

Hmm...this sounds a lot like the story you heard about Mantis breaking someone's leg.

--Robb "Sounds a bit fishy if you ask me..." Alvey

Disco Stu doesn't advertise!

Postby stew560 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:32 am

I didn't break my wrists during our marathon day on KK for the Commercial shoot, but I did get a nasty case of Handlebar Palsy (aka Unlar Tunnel Syndrome) for my efforts. It is just healing up now, a month later...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kaentae » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:10 pm

This "inncident" most likely wasn't even ride related. The girl probably hurt herself some how and is just blaiming it upon the ride as part of the compensation culture.

This won't change anything to do with the ride what so ever, so to me that is a good enough evidence that it was not the rides fault, but that of the rider....if it even was on Rita, which I highly doubt.

Me is Smart

Postby Coasters 4 ever » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:59 am

If someone broke their wrists on Rita, you would think that a fearless kid would have died on Kingda Ka or TTD by now.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!