Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

RITA OPENED TODAY WAHOOOOOOO!

Postby Sharkyjon » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:43 am

Hey guys just to let you know rita opened today!!
anyone going there to ride her?
Im going to splash landings again on sunday to test the babe out. Oh and they have actually done the park up they have revamped Nemesis (i.e Got all the crappy chewing gum off the statin, repainted the track and refilled the lake and cleared all the rubbish out of it because the waterfalls were not working).
I will take some pictures and post them as soon as i get back but for now may the force be with you! :lol:

I Love Donkeys!

RITA OPENED TODAY WAHOOOOOOO!

Postby Sharkyjon » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:43 am

Hey guys just to let you know rita opened today!!
anyone going there to ride her?
Im going to splash landings again on sunday to test the babe out. Oh and they have actually done the park up they have revamped Nemesis (i.e Got all the crappy chewing gum off the station, repainted the track and refilled the lake and cleared all the rubbish out of it because the waterfalls were not working).
I will take some pictures and post them as soon as i get back but for now may the force be with you! :lol:

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Peis » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:33 am

On this site is a great onride of rita:

http://www.lifthill.de/html/rita.html

LG Matthias

THE BOY

Postby Ed » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:01 pm

I got on the ride today!! After an hour queue which I was soo not happy about. Considering Nemesis was like 15 minutes and Oblivion was a walk-on..

The build up to the launch is ok I suppose. But it's clearly obvious from the starting lights and the countdown and the "Go go go!" When it launches. There's alot of noise in the station from the incredibly rattly launch and the screeching car sounds when you launch. Unfortunately the smoke effects weren't on.

The Launch itself is rather pants although for a first Launched Coaster it was thrilling. And then it all goes down hill rather. :x

The first corner throws you into the Otsr's which never came close to my shoulders. Then the first air-time hill throw you out of your seat so much! (-0.7G's!) My restraint was a good inch above my legs (due to me being crafty in the station) and I flew up and hit the bar which hurt slightly. Then the turn around Corkscrew's on-ride photo has a slight bump in it for no reason. The hill after that sucks as you just glide over it. And then the little hill just before the trim brakes reallly hurts your legs.

I have bruises coming through off them.

Overall the ride lasts all of 30 seconds lol. Which is still longer than TTD :lol:

Don't bother waiting more than 20-30 minutes for it ever. The ride is over so quickly it's embarrasing, almost as embarrassing as Alton's hlf-hearted atempt to theme this Race Track around Ugland.

Prehistoric Dinosaurs and Race Cars do not mix.

Best bit about the ride is the Radio around Ugland. 80's music! :D

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Martyn » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:24 am

http://claydon-heights.com/martyn/Video ... eekend.zip

I made this video of Rita, including a full POV, it's pretty much every shot I got of Rita across the two days we were there at the weekend.

I Love Donkeys!

Rita - What dissapointment!!

Postby Sharkyjon » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:59 am

:x Well im not impressed at all with the new coaster at AT. Its WAY too short and has flimsy crappy restraints which look like they have been made out of shoe horns!
And its like over in 20 secs WTF!!??
I've been anticipating what it was going to be like and THIS is a dissapointment.
I'd rather go on the squirrel nutty ride its longer!
I think this was a mistake to built this and shut down the black hole because i prefered that!
NEMESIS STILL ROX LIKE YELLOW SOX! :lol: Cya :o)

I'm from SoCal, feel bad for me!

Postby What Now » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:22 pm

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Sharkyjon » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:38 am

LOL 'Camilla'- Queen of speed
I think Camilla had a face lift . . . . :shock:
camilla.jpg

I Love Donkeys!

Rita

Postby Sharkyjon » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:53 pm

Plans have been made for an Intamin Launched Top Hat type coaster to be built in 2006. At least it will be talled than Rita and most likely be longer. Im off to alton towers again on my birthday. Does anyone know what is going to be put in the place of the black hole?
Thanks Jon :lol:

*NEMESIS ROX LIKE YELLOW SOX*

I Love Donkeys!

Top hat

Postby Sharkyjon » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:54 pm

Sorry meant to say the plans are for Thorpe Park

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!