Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 580: Gangsta Granny: The Ride to debut in Spring 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: Alton Towers Discussion Thread

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:45 pm

I imagine they'll end up being very similar to the Revenge of the Mummy trains from Premier. I wonder if we'll see lap bars only?
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby JayTricky » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:21 am

coasterfreak101 wrote:I imagine they'll end up being very similar to the Revenge of the Mummy trains from Premier. I wonder if we'll see lap bars only?

I doubt they'll be like the Revenge of the Mummy trains, they're too large and rigid, to get round the loops and elements.

I'd love to see lap bars but due to the secret element I bet we see OHR.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sixflagsgreatadven » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:23 am

*fancy track*

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:18 am

I'd bet that the trains will essentially be two Eurofighter cars (2 rows of 4 close together but with articulation) coupled together, with traditional shoulder harnesses so that no hardware has to be built in the fronts of the cars.

If I recall correctly (I've never ridden it though), Flashback at Magic Mountain's cars were really close together, yet the trains were still able to do the space dive maneuvers.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby JayTricky » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:41 am

More news. Stage One of the plan, to introduce more accomodation.

http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/news/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1352553613&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1,3,9&

No doubt they''ll be expensive as hell though. That's the norm with Log Cabin accomodation these days.
Hole_Style.png
Like the look of the 'Hobbit' holes.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 pm

I like the design. You can easily see the resembling with the Hobbit's homes, but I like that a lot. ;) For a fair price I would love to sleep in those, but I expect a great bill with it. :roll:
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby AstroDan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Just to give a bit of background on the (presumed) ride name "The Smiler"...

The Ministry of Joy are an organisation founded by Dr. Kelman in the 1950's. They wish to "marmalise" people, into making them permanently smile and are self proclaimed market leaders in social compliance treatments. However, their projects 50 years ago failed - and were shut down. People were physically scarred, assaulted and more. Their original base was called "The Sanctuary" - which you could visit during Scarefest 2012. Inside, patients and staff were forced to smile - by having their cheeks cut, and metal devices attached to their mouth and jaws.

The new ride is the Ministry of Joy's next attempt at forcing people to smile. They use a process called marmalisation. Hence the presumed name "The Smiler".

It is quite a complex backstory for SW7.

:)

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby oriolat » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:03 pm

^Quite creepy, to be honest, but I really like it! :)

About time Alton pulled something decent. Since Nemesis and Hex they haven't really made up a good story that backs up a ride experience.

Hopefully, the queue will somehow introduce this story to the riders through videos or props. Not sure how it fits the X-Sector theme although I am sure they'll figure it out...

Postby JayTricky » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:19 am

(www.towerstimes.co.uk)

First proper update and photo (which was taken by the pilot, members were not able to get in the helicopter) - shows not much construction yet. By this time SAW was testing!

Eurofighter track goes up very quick so hopeful for more in a month or two.

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:11 am

I wonder if it will be themed with construction debris like every other ride at the park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!