Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:57 am

^ I don't know, does it have to be a new track / car variation, or could it possibly tie into this "physchocoaster" concept and count that as an element of the ride?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:28 am

Well as we know the car cant be too amazing because of the strength of the track, i would think its the cars because of the truck load pictures we saw of the SW. So that could be cars in there or is there something going to happen inside the building that makes it unique?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:08 am

Theming has begun on the turn before the lift hill.

Pillars surrounding the turn covered in snow.

Wooden shuttering assembled for concrete to be poured for more theming. Also notice the new steel structure above.

Check out more photos at Alton Towers Official Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/altontowersresort/

-Craig

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:09 am

^^ I haven't been keeping up with the construction, but if the track we've seen is near completion and there's nothing new there, then it's safe to say this unique element happens indoors or underground.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:16 am

Those pillars in my opinion will be reinforcement rather than theming. Could indicate that this section will be underground too, still it's another new angle of the ride!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:33 am

Just to let you know, that is the final turn which will be taken backwards, and yes, it is believed it will start out underground and maybe end up above ground..

...Looking good so far though, can't wait to ride in April....wish I could get there earlier, but not looking like it at the moment!

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:50 am

I think there will be the secret element in the backwards turn(as we see in the photos) or the backwards turn to show the car running away from something in the building because we know after the turn it then enters the station. I think there will be a really bug animatronic or a big projector screen and something will try to attack us.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:54 am

Dobba wrote:Those pillars in my opinion will be reinforcement rather than theming. Could indicate that this section will be underground too, still it's another new angle of the ride!

Or they could be both. ;)

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:12 pm

cfc wrote:
Dobba wrote:Those pillars in my opinion will be reinforcement rather than theming. Could indicate that this section will be underground too, still it's another new angle of the ride!

Or they could be both. ;)

Very true.

Nice little bit of marketing for the ride today on the Telegraph website:

Caption: Workmen take a break from the construction of new ride, 'Th13teen' at Alton Towers in Staffordshire, to play with a snow sculpture version of the roller coaster carriage that they helped to build.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Now we know the secret! The Secret Weapon is.......trains made out of snow! Now that I did not expect!

-Craig
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS