Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 580: "The World of David Walliams" announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Steelinwood » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:13 pm

^ That definitely gave me a better idea of the layout. Thanks!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:59 pm

Okay on a side note here. Can anyone who is planning to, or who is going to the TH13TEEN preview weekend please PM me.

Thanks,

-Craig

Spills and Fails, daily.

Postby themeparkologist » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:01 pm

That arial was definetly needed for me because I could not comprehend the scale of the plan to real life. Thank you!
Some people are like slinkies. They aren't really good for much but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Trevor » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:46 am

Does this image reveals it all?

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Dobba » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:25 am

TTF Member Wes put together this image and details using the concepts released way back when this ride was just a rumour and the plans we've seen since:

Thought I'd put something together to give us all an idea as to what the theming of this ride would look like. So basically, I just brought together the plans, for the layout and themeing (entrance/station) along with the concepts. Each letter of the image corresponds to the whereabouts on the layout of the plans.

A - The station. More than likely changed from what we've seen. Big tree becoming the main part of the station? Could more be changing?

B - The entrance gates - once again, from what we've seen, could they not be as gothic and ruined as shown? Its clear they have changed, but how much more will they change?

C - This was a concept image released last year. The image clearly shows an indoor tilting section. Its also shows the track coming from the forest, a hole in the celing, falling into fire, vines on the walls. Could this be close to what we're going to be seeing next year?

D - Had a bit of a revelation with image D the other day. It shows some over banked turns coming through the woods, why looked not too dis-similar to this image

Could we be seeing vines, scafolding and pillars in the wooded section? Afterall, the area in the woods seems sparce.

E - This appears to show track appearing from the roots of a free from underground - Could this be something to do with the burried helix behind the station? Will it be under cover and feel as if you are appears from a tree?

And finally ...

F - Could this be the section as you exit the station initially? This seems to have a sharp bend, not too dis-similar from when you exit the track.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby Rollercoaster5000 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:58 am

Those were only concept artwork. The plans may have changed.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Steelinwood » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:17 am

They must be expecting alot of lines for this ride. Look at the distance from the station to the entrance. Also as some of you have said, I wouldn't put to much stock into the other images. Overall, even more great pics!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby cmpunk771 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:53 am

From alton towers i can confirm that SpinbalL Wizzer is now, SONIC SPINBALL!
At the end of last season news came out from the European Coaster Club that Spinball Whizzer would have its name changed for the 2010 season. It was also noticed that Spinball Whizzer medals, available from Towers Trading, were slashed to just 50p. This sparked much speculation surrounding the future of Spinball Whizzer and the possibility of a Sonic the Hedgehog re-theme for the ride.

With news getting out that the track had started to undergo a re-paint it seemed to the liken the possibility even further and today it has been confirmed. Towers Times spotted the re-themed cars, featuring Sonic's head, on promotional material found inside the Alton Towers hotel. We can also confirm that signage for the ride is ready to go up, which would make sense as the ride is due to be open during the park's February half term event.

The character has previously been featured at Alton Towers in the Toyland Tours attraction, and a new Sonic game is due out this year.

From TowersNerd.com

What do you guys think, Fail or Good move?

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:01 am

At the end of last season news came out from the European Coaster Club that Spinball Whizzer would have its name changed for the 2010 season. It was also noticed that Spinball Whizzer medals, available from Towers Trading, were slashed to just 50p. This sparked much speculation surrounding the future of Spinball Whizzer and the possibility of a Sonic the Hedgehog re-theme for the ride.

With news getting out that the track had started to undergo a re-paint it seemed to the liken the possibility even further and today it has been confirmed. Towers Times spotted the re-themed cars, featuring Sonic's head, on promotional material found inside the Alton Towers hotel. We can also confirm that signage for the ride is ready to go up, which would make sense as the ride is due to be open during the park's February half term event.

The character has previously been featured at Alton Towers in the Toyland Tours attraction, and a new Sonic game is due out this year.

I would have loved this when Sonic was a decent character. It should look really cool though, saying that, I kind of liked it how it was.
The park map should look very different this year though!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manny In England » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:22 am

Worst idea, characters are nice at Disney parks, but I never liked Beano being at Chessington, Woody the Woodpecker being at Port Aventura (If I remember correctly) and I don't like this. Even a bad original theme is better because Alton's always been doing its own thing (predominantly) and its always worked out great.

It's not even like this is an expiring contract like licensing Imperial Leather on the log flume, they see this as an improvement, was there any need to change things? Maybe if it was a more mature theme they were implementing, I'd be more okay with it.

Oh well, it's not that bad, it's not like they're spoiling Nemesis or anything.
Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

"Deal with it f**filled with medicine and goo." - Robb addressing a technical complaint.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!