Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FLIPDUDE » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:01 pm

You guys are forgetting that it wouldnt be a first time element on a coaster... It already exists on Ultra Twisters.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CHILLERLC1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:55 pm

That first drop and turn remind me of Intimidator 305.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:43 pm

CHILLERLC1 wrote:That first drop and turn remind me of Intimidator 305.

which also reminds me of Fly Over Mediterranean and Kawasemi and so on and so on...
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Dobba » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:51 pm

Press release from the Resort expected sometime tomorrow. No guarantees, just whats been doing the rounds on the rumour mill today.

Watch this space.

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:22 pm

13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Dobba » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:24 pm

Made by a very very creative guy on Towers Nerd but it's a fantastic concept.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Steelinwood » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:28 pm

This looks really neat. maybe this is part of that alternate ending theory. This would even add to the anticipation. You wouldn't know if you were going backwards or forwards during the ride. I hope it is real!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby AstroDan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:13 am

MAJOR NEWS TODAY!

Article from TowersTimes:

Alton Towers have finally revealed the true identity of their new-for-2010 £15million rollercoaster attraction as "Thirteen". The number, which has many connotations of "fear" and "unluckiness", will presumably be used in all marketing henceforth.

Until today, the name has been kept top secret from all but a few management staff at Alton Towers Resort and ride designers, and it has been the subject of intense debate across the international theme park community.

In a press release, Alton Towers have confirmed many rumours which have been speculated over the course of the past 18 months including the theme, an ancient crypt in a dark forest. They claim that guests "will be invited to take a petrifying ride on Thirteen, venturing into the seemingly living and breathing dark forest. There they will face a unknown horror that has been unleashed from the ancient crypt".

The ride will feature a mixture of physical and psychological fear - a "psychoaster", to create an experience that is unique. Some of the technology used on the rollercoaster will be the first of its kind in the world. John Wardley, who is famed for being the driving force behind Nemesis, Oblivion, Air, Haunted House and more at Alton Towers along with rides such as Dragon Khan at PortAventura, has said that the ride will "open up a whole new concept for theme park rides". The resort claim that Thirteen is set to cement "Alton Towers Resort's reputation as the No. 1 destination for thrill and fear addicts around the world".

Clearly, with such statements, Alton Towers expect this ride to have a major impact on the appeal of the theme park after 4 seasons of pure family focus - the last thrill investment being Rita - Queen of Speed (which is also set to change for 2010) in 2005. Of course, the off-the-wall marketing wheels are also in motion and the park have stated that the ride will be available to those aged 16-55 and signed a declaration. Clearly, these statements are most unlikely to happen for real.

Thirteen is expected to open at the Alton Towers Resort on March 20th, 2010 and we look forward to bringing you further news as it is received over the next 3 months as we count down to the biggest day at Alton Towers for many years!

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:34 am

Thirteen- A psychoaster. I like it!

Still nothing on the mystery element though!!

Number 1 destination for thrills and coasters is a pretty bold statement too, I mean, all things considered. This has been fun so far, and I am sure it is only going to get better.
Follow the construction of my Manta Model!.*
1/16/12 - Construction Complete!
*Model is being build from scratch.

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:31 am

So its not a family coaster? I'm so confused. I thought it was called Surrender(I like 13 better) but its so confusing. Does the ride have some backstory or is it getting an area because who the hell are the hooded guys? And what the #### is the new element? Am I the only one who is going to feel somewhat dissapointed if this ride is anything less than amazing?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!