Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:31 pm

^It may not look anything special, but that's the beauty of the whole thing. They are keeping the secret under such tight wraps that this far into construction, still nobody can figure it out what make sit so special. Don't you see, this is exactly what they are trying to do.
Snoochie Boochie

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:32 pm

^Right. This is a secret weapon after all...

^^I mean, I wouldn't call it a family coaster just based on those pictures, it really could turn out to be something exciting.

However, I will agree with you, and everyone else, in that it is not going to be a huge coaster. If you look at Jet Rescue at Sea World in Australia, that is the Intamin 2 bar style track, and IMO that looks pretty fun.

Two bar style, Intamin tire accelerator. Looks fun.
Follow the construction of my Manta Model!.*
1/16/12 - Construction Complete!
*Model is being build from scratch.

Postby triggernel » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:55 pm

^Well, most of the appeal for that ride is the seating style, being as it is the only Jet-Ski style coaster, but yes it does appeal to many, and it is not huge, by any means.
Snoochie Boochie

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Blythy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:08 pm

triggernel wrote:^It may not look anything special, but that's the beauty of the whole thing. They are keeping the secret under such tight wraps that this far into construction, still nobody can figure it out what make sit so special. Don't you see, this is exactly what they are trying to do.

Rollercoaster - > travels forward into the second story of a building -> magic -> travels backward into a helix -> train stops -> travels forward into the station.

I'm guessing it's some form of witchcraft involving a descending piece of horizonal track followed by some kicker wheels.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coasterog » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:30 pm

Blythy wrote:Rollercoaster - > travels forward into the second story of a building -> magic -> travels backward into a helix -> train stops -> travels forward into the station.

I'm guessing it's some form of witchcraft involving a descending piece of horizonal track followed by some kicker wheels.

Could it be a backwards tilt coaster where the rear of the tilt track drops less than 90 degrees as opposed to the front? If the tilt piece of track was long enough to allow the train to start rolling backwards before connecting to the lower track that would definitely add some terror to the ride.

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:35 pm

^I mean, that would definitely be pretty awesome to roll back without being connected but I just see that going wrong. B&M could design that, and it would still be a nightmare, now put Intamin in and...just playing. I love Intamin.

Lets say the power goes out mid roll, and then the turntable stops, what happens then?

Also, you're rolling backwards, so you wouldn't even be able to see the not-connection. Cool idea though!

Postby triggernel » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:40 pm

^I'm pretty sure they would have measures that would hold the train until it reached the proper tilting degree. They would need something to hold the train on the track even if there was power, to prevent it from rolling backwards too early.
Snoochie Boochie

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:42 pm

^Cables. Lots of Intamin Cables. Cables for supports, cables for anti roll back, cables for Rita, cables above the trees. That's what I'm talking about.

Title

Postby 4rturo » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:54 pm

Sure, make a ride based in Intamin's super-reliable never-snapping cables

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:47 am

I'm sure one or two holding brakes would do the job...similar to what Vekoma used for their Tilt Coaster.
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!'

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!