Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:43 am

Martyn Hoyer's Rita video from the TPR Video Coaster has a segmented POV of Rita on it.

Check out the main site to see if it's still there.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby dc006f5086 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:03 am

Rita is very short BUT, the launch is brilliant I loved it, the airtime is amazing very nice. Also it is intense. The ride is really unique compared to other rocket coasters and it has done alton towers well. This ride is really loved by the GP.

Rita POV.

http://www.Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits.com/plugins/p13 ... QoSPoV.wmv

GO GO GO

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby The Riddler » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:14 am

I love the coaster.
The lay-out is verry original and not like other rockets only up-and-down effect. My favorite part of it is the launche offcourse, front-seat is the best.
What a power has the coaster, verry different with a Vekoma launched, it's a lot faster.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Black Hole...closed?...

Postby Movieguy » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:57 am

I went over to an Alton Towers website, to update myself with a park I've only read and seen certain videos about, and I was shocked to hear about the apparent closing of the Black Hole last year.

Is the building still there, or was the whole business torn down? And have they announced any future plans for the site? I was never on this ride, but it's such a shame to see another indoor coaster close down.

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:19 am

Black Hole is still standing, but it's very unlikely the ride will re-open again. It was closed after the park decided that Health and Safety modifications would be too expensive.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Movieguy » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:25 am

I see...well, here's hoping that Alton Towers will some day build another space themed coaster to fill the void left behind by the Black Hole's closure. Outside of the Space Mountain coasters, you really don't see these kinds of rides much anymore.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby martinb » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm

Well the Building is still standing but apparantly the ride has been completely removed! To be honest its nothing special, its just a Jet Star and it everytime I went to Alton Towers there was always at least a 45 minute que!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby nemesis-storm » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:06 pm

martinb wrote:Well the Building is still standing but apparantly the ride has been completely removed! To be honest its nothing special, its just a Jet Star and it everytime I went to Alton Towers there was always at least a 45 minute que!

So how did they get the coaster out of the 'tent' ? through the entrance door :?r

Theres been no evidence that the coaster has gone, it's SBNO

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BMPP » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:29 pm

Just a Jet star! I love Retro coasters that first drop was so great.
I was at the rides wake, IMO there should have always been space for it.
Now the U.K has no real thrilling dark coasters. It's a real shame to see classic rides like these be removed. It's even worse to see it and not be able to ride it. Although it does have a nice memory board at the entrance with old pictures and adverts.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:41 pm

Star Chaser at the old Kentucky Kingdom was the same thing, I guess?

Enclosed, not much themeing inside, except usual "disco lights"...

And a lineup that was waaaay too long for it's own good, which unfortunately as first-timers we didn't find out till we got on the thing, lol.

Still, it was a credit, heh heh.

:wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!