Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:33 pm

^I'm not sure it will be a spinner. The reason being that if the car can spin, what's the point of a backwards drop? Any drop could be backwards or forwards on a spinner, so why go through the trouble of switch track in order to achieve basically the exact same effect as any other hill. Unless they just want the dead ends for theming purposes such as on EE...hmmm...now I don't really know what to think. Time will tell I guess.

Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:12 pm

Also some of the drive wheels seen on the last page look a bit too far apart for a one car spinner.

Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:41 pm

DBru wrote:Is this the world's first coaster to utilize TWO tire-driven lift hills?

(Yeah, a bit of a stretch, I know.)

cough::cough::Knotts Jaguar::cough::cough

Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:21 pm

Well if it is, I guess it will be a spinner with a drop track in the dark then?

Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:27 am

Jmicha I totally didn't look at that! If they were spinners then there would be no point in having a backwards section!!!

I gotta say well done to AT for keeping this such a mystery but I'm bursting to know what it's gonna be :-(

Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:51 pm

New update, again thanks to Altonator:

From reading TTF it seems the lifthill is completely in place now, we just don't have any pictures of it. :lmao:

Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 pm

More photos of the "Dark Forest" section can be seen here:
http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 18#p483918

Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Is it me or does that look like a "soft" ride
I mean its a secret weapon and it looks like a kiddie coaster

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:10 pm

It's proper out there in thw woods ain't it!

and ^ it is a family coaster, why are people expecting the new nemesis.[/quote]

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:21 pm

It's replacing Corkscrew, a family rollercoaster. You can't expect them to put up another Nemesis or Oblivion.

I think it looks excellent! A shame it's hidden by the monstrosity of Rita.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS