Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby paulosthejackal » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:10 am

I was sooo excited about Rita that I was at AT on the Monday after a Saturday (I think) opening. The lanuch is great but the rest was only OK...
I would love to ride TTD or KK but personally I hope that blackpool doesent get a rocket but I will hold on to my had until I ride stealth at thrope park this coming season.
As a side Rollercoaster is such a funny ride I was on it with my brother in September (with no Lapbars YAY) and we just laughed all the way round it was such a chuckle...
The restarints are so uncomfortable on Rita I am more comfortable on AIR hanging in the restraints on the lift hill. RIDING ON RITA IS LIKE SITTING ON A PLANK OF WOOD WITH A FAT MAN WITH A BONEY BOTTOM SITTING ON YOUR SHOULDERS!!!!!!!!!
:br :br :br

Only joshing...

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:38 am

The premier spaghetti bowls and most launched rides have no OTSR's. Poltergeist navigate a cobra roll, a hlaf cobra roll, and a cork with onlyt bar type restraints. Its awesome! I just made a recreation of rita, if you wanna see it, it's in the roller coaster game forum. Theres a link to a vid for you non-Nlers!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby martinb » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:00 am

This ride is great but i dont know how on earth Alton Towers can call this their best ride ever!!

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:48 am

Well everyone has their own opinion. But Alton Towers polled their guests on their favourite Alton Towers ride, and Rita came top.

So in that sense, yes - they can call it their "best ride ever".

Postby martinb » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:19 am

Na, thats rubbish, ive seen loads of fan based website polls and Rita seems to always be 3rd or 4th, with Nemesis winning by a milestone!

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:32 am

martinb wrote:Na, thats rubbish, ive seen loads of fan based website polls and Rita seems to always be 3rd or 4th, with Nemesis winning by a milestone!

That maybe so, but coaster fans don't make up almost all of the guests who attend the park.

Rita's launch is a huge gimmick which has worked well for Alton Towers, especially in the marketing department. It's clear to see why the average park guest would think that it's the best ride in the park, and even though I don't agree I cann see where they are coming from.

I've got lots of adrenaline junkie friends who think Rita is the best ride in the park. At the end of the day, we all have our own opinions about a ride, but woe betide if you try to override someone else's with your own.

I'm not the first person to say that, and I won't be the last.

Postby martinb » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:09 am

I think this ride can be made better without altering the track! They should have done a Disney and what they done to the Rock 'N' Rollercoaster!

R'N'R is great, but its made better by the fast pace rock n roll music blasting in your ears! Lets face it without the music it would be pretty dull(Xpress at Walibi World), even though it does slow down towards the end, the music makes it seem faster and alot better! And as Rita doesnt slow at all untill you hit the brakes, it would be brill!!

I reckon they shoulf have come cool dance music on Rita, like Faithless, Insomnia!! THAT WOULD ROCK!!

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:44 am

Rock 'N' Rollercoaster is my favourite launched ride, and I think it really shows up Rita in regards to all that could have been.

However, given the limited time that the park had to put the ride in, it could have been a lot worse than they way it has turned out.

Rita is not a bad ride by any means, but it's more quirky than anything. The radio station is ample comfort when you're waiting to ride, but I do agree that Alton Towers could have made a better job of it given more time.

BANNED

Postby ncf » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:14 am

I found Rita's airtime better and more forceful than on any other coaster I have ridden =)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby coasterboy76 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:37 am

anyone know where there is a Rita POV?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!