Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
where'd I stick me stubbie mate?

Postby slick » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:43 am

Ahhh yes, I was thinking the exact same thing Elissa.

Actually, about half an hour ago I watched the episode of Futurama with the bouncing ball planet. Long story short, they wired Bender with a bomb so when he said his number one most utterly spoken word, which was A$$, it would blow up the planet. The point of that though was that number six of Bender's most spoken words was "pimpmobile". :lol:

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am

I think its pathetic that there are OTSR's on THIS ride. No inversions, nothing really fancy except like 2 cork hills, song high speed turns and I think one or 2 more airtime hills. Is it really nessicary?

Seems more like paranoia now when dealing with these rockets and the restraint choice...

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:57 am

Real wrote:I think its pathetic that there are OTSR's on THIS ride. No inversions, nothing really fancy except like 2 cork hills, song high speed turns and I think one or 2 more airtime hills. Is it really nessicary?

Seems more like paranoia now when dealing with these rockets and the restraint choice...

It's peace of mind for the park and for Intamin. They'll have both come to the same decision, bearing in mind what's happened with Intamin's restraints last year.

I'd prefer the T-Bars over the OTSRs anyday, but with the fatal accidents on Superman: Ride Of Steel and Hydro, the shoulder restraints were the only choice to keep everyone happy, except a lot of the coaster community. But they don't put millions into a single park each year - the other 99% of park-goers do. I hope that Barnstorm at Drayton Manor will prove everyone wrong and show that you can go upside down on a new ride without OTSRs in 2005.

I really hope Alton Towers have a good coaster on their hands, but if this ride doesn't have much airtime, it's gonna be a waste of space.

I Love Donkeys!

Alton Towers : Project rita: queen of speed!

Postby Sharkyjon » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:25 am

:lol: Isnt this amazing look at the shire size of this Intamin Launched babe! Anyone planning to ride rita?
http://www.towersalmanac.com/[/img]
01.jpg

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:11 pm

We're thinking about getting back to the UK in 2006 as there's now quite a bit of stuff since our 2002 visit for us to ride:

- Nemesis: Inferno
- Rita
- Spinball Whizzer
- ^ @ Chessington
- Drayton Manor thingy
- New coaster at Flamingoland
- Bling
- Oakwood should have a new coaster
- etc

Rita is certainly one of those coasters where I have to ride to make any kind of judgement. By looking at it, I really have NO IDEA what to think!

It could be cool, it could be really stupid....

--Robb "Who just wants to go back to Blackpool." Alvey

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:12 pm

^Robb, you're forgetting the main reason to go back...SUPER SLC!!!!

Elissa "lol, skegness was a dump!" Alvey

THE BOY

Postby Ed » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:16 pm

Bling isn't worth it. I went to Blackpool yesterday and I was just bored on the ride!

Thorpe Park are getting an Accelerator in 2006 aswell. Just a simple tophat and air-time hill. (Top hat is 90 degree twist on the way down)

2 New Coasters at FlamingoLand. However by 2006 expect Magnum Force & The Bullet to have vanished. But they are being replaced by a Booster Bike and one of the SLC's (ala Shenling Clone)

Plus this year at Thorpe you have Rush (Large Capacity Screamin' Swing) and Slammer (Sky Swat).

If you do come over you'll have a hell of a time! Just don't go on the Big One when it's snowing.. Oh that was cold last night! :oops:

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:27 pm

Ed, just simplify TP's rocket to Kiddy Ka :P .

THE BOY

Postby Ed » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:50 pm

Or crappy unimaginative Tussauds coaster? Once again... :roll:

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Rita Opens

Postby Morcar » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:52 pm

Just heard that Rita is now due to open on 25-28 of March and will apparantly be open to hotel quests before other visitors.

Wish i could afford to stay at one of the hotels.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!