Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

P. 75: Plans filed for a B&M in 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

Postby cookiex » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:02 am

Rill'o'beily wrote:I need help from any locals or frequent visitors to the park, I'm planning on going to Sweden so that I'll be in Gröna Lund for about 5 hours on the 14th of August (about 11:00 to 16:00), can anyone tell me if it would be terribly busy or could I do all the big rides (coasters, towers, funhouse, blå tåget, maybe like one flat) in that time?

I've gone there two times, the other time I could easily do everything I wanted in that time (june) but last time I went in september even though the website said there might be less people the place was packed and most rides had waits of up to 40 minutes (except strangely jetline)

Jetline’s line is rarely that long (I was at Grönan on a weekday in early July and while everything else was 30+ Jetline rarely went above 20) and when it is it moves fast thanks to a high throughput.

Mid-August is just before school starts in most of Sweden so expect there to be crowds.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rill'o'beily » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:14 am

cookiex wrote:Mid-August is just before school starts in most of Sweden so expect there to be crowds.

Hm that's really unfortunate cause after school starts then the park opens only at 15:00 so I couldn't go, unless I went on a weekend and well crowds would be present nevertheless. I should try seeing if I could go on a gloomier day if those are on the horizon, thanks!

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby alejon » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:03 am

Gröna Lund is teasing a new addition for next year on Facebook.

They will release what it is tomorrow, and ask what people wish for "speed, height or spin?"

Through a newsletter they also confirmed that the bumper cars will close September 3rd. That's for the reconstruction of that part of the park and the B&M invert for 2021.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:17 am

Speed, height, flipping and a snake theme make me think of this, a Funtime Chaos Pendle:

This one is a single-carriage model at the Wurstelprater in Austria, recently a newer double-carriage model with Gerstlauer seats has been romping around the fair circuit. Perhaps they're catching on as interesting alternatives to Boosters.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:10 am

A.J. wrote:Speed, height, flipping and a snake theme make me think of this, a Funtime Chaos Pendle:

This one is a single-carriage model at the Wurstelprater in Austria, recently a newer double-carriage model with Gerstlauer seats has been romping around the fair circuit. Perhaps they're catching on as interesting alternatives to Boosters.

Even a double carriage is too low capacity for Grona Lund
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Love Donkeys!

Postby apanbl92 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:00 pm

New updated layout for the 2021(!) B&M Inverted Coaster, the project name is "Blue Harvest":

Source: http://parksandresorts.com/grona-lund-satsar-pa-jatteberg-och-dalbana/
Last edited by apanbl92 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:01 pm.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rill'o'beily » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:00 pm

^^ They did also make a three carriage version, if that was possible again with the 8 seat gondolas the capacity would be still bad but at least better

Not sure where they'd shove a ride like this but Gröna more than anyone would probably find a way to put a HUSS Jump2 somewhere if they wanted to

EDIT: ^ I don't spot any changes to the layout itself but mainly to the support structure

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:15 pm

Some of those turns and clearances look really tight. If I may speculate, are we going to see B&M do an inverted looping coaster with TWO-across seating for the first time? Some of those revised support structures look like they've learned some lessons from their inverted family coasters.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:27 pm

It looks like the updated layout got rid of the final inversion (inline twist). Very interesting, but still super cool they are cramming this ride in an already crammed park.

^I think you may be on to something regarding the two-across seating. It's difficult to really tell now but I'm sure it's possible and given all the tight clearances, I wouldn't be surprised.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:19 pm

apanbl92 wrote:New updated layout for the 2021(!) B&M Inverted Coaster, the project name is "Blue Harvest"

Here the old and new, so its easier to see whats actually changed.

BlueHarvest-20180115.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!