Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1242: Holiday World Announced June 14 Opening!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby teacherkim » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:51 pm

I guess I should have clarified that you are allowed to take them off on the rides at HW, we kept them on during rides at KI and CP where it was required :roll: HW asked people to wear them where it was crowded but tended to not force the issue. About 50% complied with ride stations and lines. Everyone did have them on during the entry process however so they could get in, once in the park left a lot of wiggle room on whether or not you had to have them on.

Well the sign at Mammoth's ride entrance definitely said 500 lbs and when we started to walk away knowing we weren't even close it was the employee that nodded toward another party of two in the same predicament which we proceeded to buddy up with. Wasn't too worried since 4 people in a Mammoth raft still gives you quite a bit of room to spread out. I'm guessing there must have been a few rides that were much too wild and it made them raise the weight limit.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby KristenLeigh » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:17 pm

I just went this past Sunday for the 1st time this year. I actually felt way safer than at Walmart (where I work). We wore masks to get in the park, inside buildings. We also put them on when we had a 20 minute downpour the hour before it closed for the night (was at the game stations across from Firecracker). It wasn't crowded which I was pleased about. It made wait times very short and I loved the Inline System! I hope they keep the concept. Although Voyage had a wait for 45 minutes and to only see 3 people on 1 train was strange because I'm used to full trains. Wish I could be at Holiwood Nights but we will make it there sometime!
No complaints about anything, employees were friendly and polite as ever. I noticed the whole cleanest park in the world means a lot more now than ever.
Can't wait for 2021!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/984681da7168be3a7e78a7aa6ad1aac2.jpg[/img][/url]

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:44 pm

^Right, that’s my biggest issue with the virtual queue. People don’t cancel their reservations which leads to mostly empty trains being sent out while the app still lists a 30+ minute wait.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby teacherkim » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:55 am

While we overall liked the advantages of the virtual queue; we did notice this as well. Sat outside the entrance for Raven for about 15 minutes waiting for our window to open and watched several trains go that were nearly empty. Perhaps, just a little training for the ride ops to know when to allow people to enter the line early if the line has become a walk on? Hopefully, they can work out the kinks in the system.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby JT325 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:04 pm

So uh... this years' Holiwood Nights turned out to be a most attended ever, with reportedly between 900 and 1,000 people. It was nuts! Holiday World did a snap up job with operations, especially considering. It is impressive to see them constantly show up and knock it out of the park, even when things go horribly wrong.

The coasters were running outstanding; each smoother than usual but still a couple quick/minor pot hole/kickers. I don't think I'll go to any more events during this pandemic (so that may mean a nix on my Knoebels PPP trip next month), but if I did it again, it would be at Holiday World. They always impress!
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby tndank » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:59 pm

Holiwood Nights was a great time last weekend. Can't wait to go back next year. Seemed like everyone was having a blast and the atmosphere was just great.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:26 pm

JT325 wrote:So uh... this years' Holiwood Nights turned out to be a most attended ever, with reportedly between 900 and 1,000 people. It was nuts! Holiday World did a snap up job with operations, especially considering. It is impressive to see them constantly show up and knock it out of the park, even when things go horribly wrong.

I KNEW there was something fishy with the amount of people there. I wasn't sure if it was because of new precautions reducing capacity on the rides or if there really was more people at the event. An hour wait for Voyage during ERT was SUPER suspect. I figured there would still be a decent turnout, but I didn't expect what they got.

Nonetheless, even with the larger crowd, HW still managed to produce a fantastic event this year. I'd still say I had a faaar better time during exclusive event times than I did when the park was actually open to all guests, because Saturday was pretty packed too. I still hold the event up as my #1 favorite.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Flickr | YouTube | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!