Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:44 pm

^Atlantis Aquaventure and Wild Wadi, both in Dubai, have slides very similar to the one you mentioned.

I don't think it's the fact it's the first water slide with a launch start, I think the technicality with their "world's first" is that it's the world's first closed circuit water coaster with a launch start. I really can't think of any other water coaster that's technically built like it that connects like that and has a launch start.

Edit because huuuge contradiction:
Okay, so Flyan Myan at Chula Vista indoor water park is a Zip Coaster water coaster (uses high speed conveyor belts) and ends where it starts, ergo, closed circuit... take that as you will.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby LegendLover » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:24 pm

JT325 wrote:^The last time I saw you was in Splashin' Safari!

DBru wrote:Also great placement to spread out the crowds...and it’s over toward Hyena Falls. So at least it will shorten the walk between attractions.

For some reason I had thought Hyena Falls was removed? Must have been misinformation.

DBru wrote:Interesting that Mammoth and Wildebeest are magnetic slides while this appears to use water boosters.

Good point. New sensations and variety - everyone wins.

PKI Jizzman wrote:Looks like the perfect coaster-slide for younger kids and families that might be a little too apprehensive about Wildebeest or Mammoth.

I thought of that too. And it's mostly out in the open so everyone can see what it does. How cool for Holiday World to think about those little (but important) details.

The halfpipe slide on Hyena Falls has been removed, leaving just the tube slides and a small kiddie splash pad. I wonder if they are very quietly trying to get rid of that area. The halfpipe slide was no doubt the most popular slide in that odd complex. One would have thought that they would add some more attractions around it to give guests another reason to go around there, but the last three additions to the water park have been in the other section, and now they removed one of the slides.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby HWLover » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:19 pm

LegendLover wrote:
JT325 wrote:^The last time I saw you was in Splashin' Safari!

DBru wrote:Also great placement to spread out the crowds...and it’s over toward Hyena Falls. So at least it will shorten the walk between attractions.

For some reason I had thought Hyena Falls was removed? Must have been misinformation.

DBru wrote:Interesting that Mammoth and Wildebeest are magnetic slides while this appears to use water boosters.

Good point. New sensations and variety - everyone wins.

PKI Jizzman wrote:Looks like the perfect coaster-slide for younger kids and families that might be a little too apprehensive about Wildebeest or Mammoth.

I thought of that too. And it's mostly out in the open so everyone can see what it does. How cool for Holiday World to think about those little (but important) details.

The halfpipe slide on Hyena Falls has been removed, leaving just the tube slides and a small kiddie splash pad. I wonder if they are very quietly trying to get rid of that area. The halfpipe slide was no doubt the most popular slide in that odd complex. One would have thought that they would add some more attractions around it to give guests another reason to go around there, but the last three additions to the water park have been in the other section, and now they removed one of the slides.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if we saw Hyena Falls completely removed or relocated. That area was supposed to be the future of the water park (and may still be) but nothing has been in added in a very long time, and it is so far by itself that it really doesn’t make sense still. Depending on how much infrastructure is water specific, I could see them removing the water rides from there and expanding a new area of the dry park (maybe the next holiday?). Who knows, but I was very shocked that this ride is not going where PP was or with Hyena Falls. I didn’t even know a ride like this could fit where they’re putting it! Haha

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:57 am

^ What's left of Hyena Falls would actually fit in quite nicely in the plot of land that Monsoon Lagoon currently occupies. I really think they should move the slides and then turn that area that it currently occupies into a year around activity trail of some sort for kids similar to the one they do for Halloween in that area. That really goes over well with families at their Halloween event. At least do that until they can expand the dry park out into that area they don't waste the restroom and Pepsi Oasis that was built out there.

I did a bit of research and the Proslide water boosters are supposed to be more efficient and use less power than the magnetic slides. According to this article from CNN, the top speed on the initial launch is 20 mph. To me the magnetic slides seem to more or less glide up the hills where this seems like it's going to actually give you a bit of a kick up the hills.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT325 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:18 am

The way I interpreted the distance to Hyena Falls was that one day Splashin' Safari would continue to expand, under the Voyage and connect it all. But whatever they do, I will be back every chance I get. Holiday World made a loyal lifetime fan out of me years ago.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:21 am

I don't really care too much for water parks, but I have to say that Holiday World's is an AMAZING one and really won me over. I actually took time off from riding Voyage to spend time in their water park.

David

Postby JT325 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:08 am

^I'll have to agree with you there. After riding some of the slides at Holiday World and especially Wildebeest and Mammoth, I am now a certified waterboy! The problem I had with water parks before Splashin' Safari was long slow lines (in 'chain' parks). We still get lines at HW/SS, but they are managed efficiently, and the service is so good.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:46 pm

I love this new addition and can't wait to try it next year! Are there any other water parks that have three water coasters? Or does this count as 4 water coasters?

Just another reason to do Holiwood Nights instead of CoasterMania if they fall on the same weekend...
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:18 pm

I count each seat, so 16 water coasters.

Postby JT325 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:43 am

How about a water cup challenge on water coaster? Hmmm...

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!