Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby samhimburg » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:23 pm

After reading this article from Coaster-Nation, I'm pretty convinced a new launched Intamin water coaster is going to be built in the old Pilgrim's Plunge spot. Take all of this with a grain of salt, but the article includes an image of "leaked plans" and claims there have been some Intamin shipments to the area recently.

I took the image of "leaked plans" and placed it over a satellite image of the old Pilgrim's Plunge area, and it absolutely fits. Down to the old station, splashdown area...the paths and other rides in the park even match up (Notice the Kima Bay area, and Thunderbird element).

It does make sense... Holiday World could have gotten a good deal on this ride for the issues they had with Pilgrim's Plunge. "Hold On," "it will be a blast," "be the fastest to know", could all tie in to a worlds-fastest-launched-water-coaster. Also, as someone mentioned earlier, the socks could be a hint that you could ride it from the dry side as well.
image0.jpeg
I placed the "leaked plans" from the Coaster-Nation article over a satellite image of the park.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:29 pm

The blog post on Holiday World's website specifically states to not expect a Thunderbird-level announcement. A launched water coaster from Intamin definitely feels Thunderbird-level to me. That is, unless they said that to lower our expectations and make us more surprised at the announcement...

Also, Holiday World is incredibly secretive and good at keeping their plans under wraps. I'm not sure I believe those blueprints at all.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Intamin_coyote » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:40 pm

While it'd be pretty cool if that was the intended addition, I'm just gonna err on the side of skepticism for now, and guess those are probably fake.

Just look at how insanely detailed the blueprints are for KI's Giga (which at this point we can be 99.99% sure they are legit) to those.

HW's on the other hand, really does like something someone could have made up in like 45 min on a computer

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby LegendLover » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:39 pm

I'm skeptical, but this would be so cool. It's just hard to get excited about another water coaster like Mammoth or Wildebeest. Granted, water parks aren't really my thing, but I still really enjoy both of them. It would just seem kind of redundant unless it was something totally different like a water coaster with saucer turns.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby jamesk25 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:35 am

Intamin_coyote wrote:While it'd be pretty cool if that was the intended addition, I'm just gonna err on the side of skepticism for now, and guess those are probably fake.

HW's on the other hand, really does like something someone could have made up in like 45 min on a computer

King's Island is a elevation and site layout drawing, this is obviously not and considering there are usually multiple drawings made up, this looks to be a simplified drawing showing the location and count of footers needed for the ride. This is very convincing especially if made by a amateur, It would be better if we had a high res. of this drawing as you can see a seal of approval on the drawing but not much else. Also noting the fact there is multiple sheets of same size under the drawing which looks like they are turned over and darker than the first suggesting they also have a site layout.

EDIT:
One thing that confuses me is the fact there is only one "water" splashdown area, if you look at Divertical it has two.
I do not believe this is a Intamin Water Coaster, at least what we know of, as there is supports on the opposite side of the splashdown is longer than the return hill going over Voyager suggesting a lift hill with a standard lift unlike Divertical. I think if this is real, the only part of Pilgrims Plunge used would be the old lift area and the station, the water troughs would be unused and demolished, also I can if HW went back to Intamin they would have them redesign there water coaster without the fancy lift elevator since they had so much trouble with it the past.
HJK.jpg
image0.jpeg
Last edited by jamesk25 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:48 am.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 am

^ The working theory is that it's a launched water coaster that would be the fastest water coaster in the world. That would put the launch at over 63mph. It's appears to be an uphill launch that goes over pathways and the valley of the first drop on Voyage. There would only be one splash down, as they're going to re-use PP former area which had one splash down. Only part that's confusing to me is that the return hill definitely won't go over the Voyage as that's at Voyage's tallest point, so it's gonna have to go underneath. Now I'm sure they can create a new bridged section on Voyage to make it work and it would be a nice head chopper, I just don't understand why they would go through the trouble to do that.

Nobody seems to be able to source where this leak came from. I have two working theories. Either it's fake, or HW leaked the layout themselves. HW just doesn't let this stuff slip like this by accident. This leaked layout has generated more talk than any of the teasers HW has officially put out combined. Leah Koch, who is one of the owners and now has Paula's job, would be privy to those layout blueprints and wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's where the leak came from if it's real.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby jamesk25 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:05 am

ZeroGravity55 wrote:Nobody seems to be able to source where this leak came from. I have two working theories. Either it's fake, or HW leaked the layout themselves. HW just doesn't let this stuff slip like this by accident. This leaked layout has generated more talk than any of the teasers HW has officially put out combined. Leah Koch, who is one of the owners and now has Paula's job, would be privy to those layout blueprints and wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's where the leak came from if it's real.

To me they look quite good if fake, the footings are strong and in the right areas, it even has a seal of approval. I doubt they would have paid a architect to get the footings accurate just to fool us, saying that there is usually more than one contractor and assistants to site and layout I really could believe someone really leaked this. I think they could have gotten in trouble and possibly found if they showed the other drawings, and reveling who they are. Also note they go to the trouble of covering important details, like ride manufacture and possibly the job and bid number.

^ The working theory is that it's a launched water coaster that would be the fastest water coaster in the world. That would put the launch at over 63mph. It's appears to be an uphill launch that goes over pathways and the valley of the first drop on Voyage. There would only be one splash down, as they're going to re-use PP former area which had one splash down. Only part that's confusing to me is that the return hill definitely won't go over the Voyage as that's at Voyage's tallest point, so it's gonna have to go underneath. Now I'm sure they can create a new bridged section on Voyage to make it work and it would be a nice head chopper, I just don't understand why they would go through the trouble to do that.

I don't believe based on this that it would be a launched ride as the footings suggest it goes straight up shortly after the bend from the station, it could have LIMS though instead of a chain to speed up the ride. Also in terms of the return hill, that would be easy to explain, if you look at the supports for the hill they are short suggesting that they will modify and go inside of Voyagers lift hill ((just like how they support the lift hill over the pathway)) and go over the return curve of the Voyager.
Screenshot (28).png
GBH.png

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby samhimburg » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:02 pm

This cannot just be a coincidence:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LegendFledgling » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:43 pm

Coincidences happen all the time here, my friend!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Intamin_coyote » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Cheetah Hunt: Water Coaster edition

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!