Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:31 pm

Glad you got on Voyage! It really is an amazing coaster.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:30 pm

Voyage tends to have more down time out of all 3 woodies there, but that's mostly because it's got 6000+ feet of track. It's still open way more than it's down. If Voyage doesn't open with the park, it's typically track work that needs to be fixed before they'll open the ride. If it closes during the day, it usually tends to be brakes, sensors or wildlife issues.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby HolidayWorldFTW » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:17 am

Have not posted here in ages but figured now is a good time! HW is my home park.

A few years ago I suffered a stroke, however I was invited to go to the Thunderbird VIP media day (doctor approved). And had a blast. Unfortunately I have been unable to attend the park since mostly due to financial issues. However this morning I’m getting to go! This will be my first time I get to experience the WHOLE park and not just coasters since my stroke. (Doctor approved, he just said I’ll spend the next couple days recovering... but it’s worth it!). Holiday World has always been my happy place. I’ve been to Disney World and for me it’s very... blah.. compared to Holiday World.

Anyway I have gained some weight since I was last able to visit so I had some questions... for the bigger folks... were you able to ride the coasters? My two MUST RIDES are Thunderbird and The Voyage. Also, since I wasn’t always this size, I’m self conscious about removing my shirt in the water park... but the water Park is a MUST for me (#1 in the country!) .. how taboo or weird would it be to keep a shirt on in the water park? That would make me feel more comfortable I think but I’m afraid of getting stares either way. I guess just looking for some advice from any bigger folks here and some encouragement possibly.

I’m so so so so excited to finally be going back to my personal “happiest place on Earth!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Postby jynx242 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:48 am

It's been a while since I've been but I don't remember seeing a lot of people being denied rides on the Voyage and B&M's have always been pretty forgiving.

As far as removing your shirt - I wouldn't sweat it. You can leave it on of course, but once you are there and see all of the other people who are larger you might very well stop being concerned about it! I'm super happy for you that you are getting to go and I hope you have an AMAZING Time!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:05 am

I prefer to keep a shirt on in water parks to avoid getting sunburns. The only time I remove it is if a park has a body slide where it isn't allowed. Fortunately Holiday World is all tube slides.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby AcesCardinal16 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:22 pm

Holiday World & Splashin' Safarai is starting to tease plans for 2020!

Does anyone have any guesses?
HW.png

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby WolfBobs » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:09 pm

Looks like Holiday World has started their 2020 teaser campaign.

Probably waterpark.

Hoping for that Intamin Mega Lite :lmao:

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:21 pm

Definitely in the waterpark with that teased theme. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they're rolling out some new prototype from ProSlide. Its definitely gonna be a decent sized addition or they wouldn't be teasing and announcing something this early if it wasn't.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:30 pm

Fastest of its type, whatever type that is. And I agree that it will be in the waterpark. Although maybe Halloween section, connection to Kitty Claws? That's a stretch, but including it just to be thorough.

Postby Vonni » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:51 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Although maybe Halloween section, connection to Kitty Claws? That's a stretch, but including it just to be thorough.

I like this idea the best

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!