Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:20 am

I really like the Legend and the crazy laterals, but I agree that it's not everyone's cup of tea.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Brockton Fair

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby tndank » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:08 pm

I prob liked Legend more than Raven. I really like the bell they ring as they send the train. Wife was beat up after a day of riding those woodies. (Edit: From the coasters...)
Last edited by tndank on Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:14 pm.

Postby prozach626 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:10 pm

uh...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:49 pm

tndank wrote:Holiday World rocks. That one train hour on Voyage was annoying but they made up for it. Got the 4 last trains of the night without having to get up. Voyage is amazing!

We got lucky while waiting in the line the Voyage thre first time cause the second was added. Of course for our second ride a train had to be removed because someone threw up on it. What I didn’t get about that though is why they moved the train to the lift hill to clean it rather than moving it to the transfer track immediately (which they ended up doing) to clean it. So what row were in by the way? Did you happen to noticed someone waiting for the front row at the end of the night wearing a CP shirt? If so that was me and it was the second to last train of the day. I would of gotten on the last train of the day had the group in front of stayed in line.

Postby tndank » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:30 pm

Why didn't you hop back to another row? I was actually supposed to sit in the seat where the kid threw up. He was directly in front of me.

I had a CP shirt on as well. Once they got it running again they just let us ride the last trains without getting off.

I can't imagine hurling on Voyage at night during that crazy ride.

Also, I discussed the same thing with a couple next to me. Why not just move the vomit train off immediately and run the last half hour with just 1? Instead it looked like they wasted 15 minutes goofing around.

No worries though. Had a great day. I'll be back. And I really hope to make 'Nights next year.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:07 pm

The reason we dn’t re-ride was because my friend and I decided a front row ride was best way to end the day. Had I been alone I probably would if reroad easily.Oh I’ll be returning to HW again also but that will be for the water park also.

Postby tndank » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:26 pm

I can understand that reasoning. Makes sense.

We did the water park for a couple hours. First water park in prob 25 years. We enjoyed it. We did Wildebeast, Mammoth, and the big cone/funnel looking thing. They were all pretty neat. I doubt I'd ever do more than a couple hours at a water park but I did enjoy doing something different for awhile. The magnetic lifts are fun.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby mikeykaise » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:19 am

tndank wrote:I prob liked Legend more than Raven. I really like the bell they ring as they send the train. Wife was beat up after a day of riding those woodies. (Edit: From the coasters...)

I love the wolf howl too as you're getting ready to drop, I can never help myself either because I automatically howl too without thinking about it.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby hoppedup » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:41 pm

The Voyage was awesome. My daughter did not agree. After The Legend, I'm surprised I talked her into Thunder Run. The Legend is for masochists. The Voyage was closed soon after we rode it Friday. Not sure if it ever reopened or not.
Parks: 20 | Coasters: 137 | Wood: 36 | Steel: 99 | Fiberglass: 2

Postby VF15 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:30 pm

I’ll be at Holiday World on Monday, July 8th for my first ever visit to the park. Have a few quick questions...
1) How busy should I expect the park to be?
2) Is Splashin’ Safari worth going to? I’m not really a waterpark person but I’ve read some good things about HW’s waterpark so I might have to consider visiting.
3) Any interesting or underrated flat rides I should check out?
Valleyfair Ride Operator
2016 - Wild Thing
2017 - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Cedar Point Ride Operator
2019 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!