Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby bluestreak » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:14 pm

I'm already in love with the event then. Lol
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:21 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Awesome, have fun with that! It's the best enthusiast event, and by that I mean the highest percentage of attendees have showered.

:lol:

I'm really looking forward to HoliWood Nights. I am dying to try Voyage at night and trimless too.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Vchaz » Sat May 04, 2019 3:45 am

So I've written holiday World but they just copy and paste their websote at me. Has anyone used parent swap there? Would it work if my wife played with our toddler somewhere else for the wait, and I call her to get back to the exit when I am close to boarding?

Also my vacation this year is the first week of July. Am I crazy to hope that the fourth itself will be less busy than the rest of the week?

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rwilliam62521 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:41 pm

Quick question for Paula. Is the PodCast coming back sometime? I miss it.

Postby Raven Maven » Fri May 10, 2019 6:26 am

Aw, thanks. I miss it, too. I haven't heard any updates, sorry.
Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:47 am

So the park removed the half pipe slide from Hyena Falls, which now makes an attraction that was out of place seem even more out of place. Seems to me that it might make it easier to move those 3 slides to a part of the waterpark that makes more sense in the future ? That was the only slide on that complex designed to somewhat go with the terrain. Not saying that's why the park did it as they clearly stated why they did it. However, I do wonder if being able to move the complex influenced their decision on weather to remove it or makes the changes necessary to operate the slide.

https://twitter.com/HolidayWorld/status/1126891405778071553
Hyena.png

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat May 11, 2019 2:00 am

^ If they added another slide over there too, the separation between the rest of the water park wouldn't be as pronounced.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Postby Raven Maven » Sat May 11, 2019 9:34 am

Vchaz wrote:So I've written holiday World but they just copy and paste their websote at me.

We sent you the explanation of what we allow (most don't check the website ahead of time). You're asking for accommodations outside of our Parent Swap procedure, but if it's necessary for you, please just check in with the ride ops at the exit before one of you gets in line to be sure they understand what you're asking to do.

>>Also my vacation this year is the first week of July. Am I crazy to hope that the fourth itself will be less busy than the rest of the week?

The Fourth is usually the least busy day of 4th of July week.

Enjoy your visit!
Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Vchaz » Sat May 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Raven Maven wrote:
Vchaz wrote:So I've written holiday World but they just copy and paste their websote at me.

We sent you the explanation of what we allow (most don't check the website ahead of time). You're asking for accommodations outside of our Parent Swap procedure, but if it's necessary for you, please just check in with the ride ops at the exit before one of you gets in line to be sure they understand what you're asking to do.

Enjoy your visit!

Actually I got ahold of someone that said "as long as the other parent is waiting at the exit when you're boarding, you're good." I haven't been to the park in years, and have never gotten to ride the coasters, so I'm looking forward to it!

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby HWLover » Mon May 13, 2019 1:56 am

I cannot believe the half pipe slide of Hyena Falls is gone. I see where Paula said it was a manufacturer thing But this makes me really sad. While hyena Falls always felt out of place from SS, it was understood that it was there to help alleviate some of the guests from other areas of the water park and to start the area for future growth. It was a noticeable slide from the front of the park and stood with thunderbird and helped give a cool view along the path to it. I hope they focus on this area of the park next year and bring something new to the pilgrim’s plunge area and the hyena falls area because I’m afraid it’s just not worth the walk right now. I hate saying that because I love this park, but it seems really empty and has a completely different atmosphere from everywhere else in the park. Of course, I’m sure they have plans far into the future that will fix all of this and more, but it’s just hard to see it like this right now

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!