Going to parks alone?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: Going to parks alone?

Postby joelwee » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:28 pm

SFMM is on my way home from work. Sometimes I'll stop there for a few hours before heading home. (Such is life when you're not married.) Like somebody said above, it's not necessarily more fun to go by myself, but it's definitely a different experience. I get to decide what to ride, when to go eat, when to leave, etc. But the rides are definitely more fun when riding with family / friends.
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:53 am

For amusement parks, I prefer going with friends and family. For theme parks, it's about half and half. When you treat a theme park as an art piece and want to really appreciate the details, going alone gives you the freedom to do everything at your own pace and I love doing that. But on the other hand, you don't get to share how you think about stuff when you're alone.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:24 pm

Most of the time I'm going alone to parks and the freedom surely grew on me so I don't mind it as much. But sometimes I wish I could go with somebody that appreciate parks like I do, too bad I don't have that someone in my surroundings.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:13 am

^I'm kinda the same way, except I eventually made some local friends who enjoy the coasters as much (if not more) than I do. Doing solo trips has gotten significantly easier than when I first started, and I actually enjoy the time I get to go at my own pace, esecially when it comes to making photographs around the park. Though I do agree that going with some friends or family is a much better experience and something I would much prefer doing.

The only time going solo gets a little awkward for me is when the park is dead, as I've learned with one particular trip to KK when every-single-ride was a walk-on. :oops: Something about having an entire ride to myself (this mostly applies to flat rides) doesn't sit right with me somehow, so I'll usually skip or wait for other people who might be boarding before I do so myself.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby mr.sugar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:54 am

I was wondering, why not start a thread where people could gather and try to arrange trip together? If you guys don´t have anyone to go with, why not find that person here?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby williamj2543 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:53 pm

I would MUCH rather prefer going with other people but when my family was done at Disneyland late at night and I wanted to stay an hour longer, that was a fantastic experience. It's very different and I don't think it would be much fun at a park with little detail or themeing but being able to take in things at your own pace and without anyone else talking to you is quite unique and a great way to experience parks.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Top 10: 1. Twisted Colossus 2. X2 3. Maverick 4. Top Thrill Dragster 5. El Toro 6. Millenium Force 7. Montu 8. Tatsu 9. Magnum Xl-200, 10. YOLOcoaster

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:24 am

I did SFOT by myself last April. Although it was enjoyable to be able to do the park at my own pace, it certainly would have been nice to have someone to share the experience with.

I always consider driving down to GAdv by myself, but the idea of making the drive there and back alone always stops me.
Total Coasters: 140

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby joelwee » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Genx24 wrote:I always consider driving down to GAdv by myself, but the idea of making the drive there and back alone always stops me.

Ditto. I want to make a trip out to Cedar Point, but I don't really want to go by myself. On the other hand, nobody I know can afford it.
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Angle O. Descent » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:44 pm

I went to Cedar Point by myself after my last break-up, and it was an amazing experience. Sometimes you have a different appreciation for things when you get to think for yourself ;)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:43 pm

I used to go to SFGAdv all the time back when I lived down the street from it. I was in a long-distance relationship at the time and usually didn't have anything better to do in the evening, so when I'd get home from work I'd quickly change and drive over to the park. I lived so close I could leave the house at 6:50PM and be standing inside the park at 7:00PM.

I enjoyed the freedom of being there by myself; it helped clear my head after some long days in the office. Some nights I'd ride everything in the park within two hours, some nights I'd take my time and grab some dinner, and some nights I'd just walk around talking on the phone to my girlfriend at the time. I used the park as my exercise routine that summer, easily walking at least two miles each night. If I still lived close by, I'd definitely still be doing it.

Now, I rarely if ever go alone, but that's mostly because of where I am in life now. I'm usually at a park with Rikki, or occasionally my brother. The only recent exception was when I visited SC for work and I made a road trip up to Carowinds one night.

I would agree with those who've said that it's more fun to experience new parks with others. A big reason for why I enjoyed Knoebels and Dollywood so much was because of getting to expose Rikki to non-SF environments. That said, I'm someone who's known to enjoy his alone time, so popping over to SFGAdv if Rikki is tied up for the day isn't out of the question.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!