Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:52 pm

My vote is also for tallest...although after talking to a few other enthusiasts I could see them going for steepest drop.

Wisconsin state fair boy

Postby benzo41190 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:13 pm

A vertical drop :mrgreen:, I mean a vertical drop would have the same amount of -G's as fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo hop so. I mean I dont get why vertical drop coasters have OTSR's, there are rides that have more -g's with T-Bars than a vertical drop with OTSR's.

That would be so cool, A vertical droping woody :D

I Love Expedition Ge-Force

Postby DragonKhan » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:51 pm

EBL wrote:I'm curious...I don't think the record will be height or length. There's not enough room to go 7600 ft. and I think Six Flags is smart enough not to try to go over 220 ft. with a woodie.

That's what you think! Those "Woodies" could handle 300ft without a problem. The navigate the track so smoothly!
Now I don't like that on Woodies too much. That's also why I don't like Colossos and Balder that much. They just feel so "no Wood" to me and I basically ride them as any other steel coaster.
OF COURSE that does NOT make them bad! And OF COURSE that doesn't mean they are not Woodies! That's just my opinion...

The "record" will be height and speed. I'd bet a $100 on that!
[i:03f6f2c525]The only difference between genius and insanity is success![/i:03f6f2c525]
[b:03f6f2c525]Cheers, [color=darkblue:03f6f2c525][i:03f6f2c525][size=18:03f6f2c525]DragonKhan[/size:03f6f2c525][/i:03f6f2c525][/color:03f6f2c525][/b:03f6f2c525]

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:49 pm

I think the record has to do with drop. Either steepest or tallest. It may not break the height record but could still break the drop record with a tunnel or trench of sorts. Intamin would be the ones to push a coaster like that... and at least we shouldn't have to worry about the coaster being as rough as SOB if they did!

Wisconsin state fair boy

Postby benzo41190 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:56 pm

Well after Balder and Colussos, I dont think it will be rough.

BTW, new Intamin Woodies dont use steel wheels right?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby UberBeavis » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:14 pm

They already have a spine breaking wood coaster with Rolling Dumpster, so why not build a record breaker? ;)

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby GAcoaster » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:19 pm

RT has actually been running better this season. Over the past two years they've re-tracked a lot of it, and it rides much better (especially the inside track).

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:04 pm

Yeah I didnt think RT was that bad at all.. I took many laps on both sides and didnt get why its so hated. :roll:

Proud owner of Elissa's hair

Postby tngdiablo » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:51 pm

ParkTrips wrote:I think the record has to do with drop. Either steepest or tallest. It may not break the height record but could still break the drop record with a tunnel or trench of sorts. Intamin would be the ones to push a coaster like that... and at least we shouldn't have to worry about the coaster being as rough as SOB if they did!

No dice, Great Adventure's water table is extremely high. This is why S:UF didn't get a tunnel when it was built. Record breaking drop will only come as a consequence of record breaking height. I'm still putting my money on steepest drop as one of the record breakers.

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:41 pm

In light of that I rescind half of my last comment.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!