Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby golfburner1 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 am

MissSara wrote:I'm coming here in a little more than a week for the first time to finally ride El Toro and take it off my bucket list! Anyhow, reading reviews on Yelp, someone posted a picture holding a cup of spicy corn at the park and was wondering if anone knew what restaurant/stand serves this. Thanks!

I go here often and right near El Toro is like a place that serves mexican food. They probably have it there.
Ride Count 2013: Kingda Ka: 12, El toro: 20, Superman Ultimate Flight: 4, Green Lantern: 7, Bizzaro: 27
Skull Mountain: 44 (Perma Seats), Nitro: 105, Dark Knight Coaster: 14, Sky Screamer: 7, Runaway Mine Train: 5, Rolling Thunder: 4, and Batman:The Ride: 18
Great adventure here I come!

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby golfburner1 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:19 am

Where did this "Drop Tower" rumor start? Link?
Ride Count 2013: Kingda Ka: 12, El toro: 20, Superman Ultimate Flight: 4, Green Lantern: 7, Bizzaro: 27
Skull Mountain: 44 (Perma Seats), Nitro: 105, Dark Knight Coaster: 14, Sky Screamer: 7, Runaway Mine Train: 5, Rolling Thunder: 4, and Batman:The Ride: 18
Great adventure here I come!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JonnyRCT3 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:34 am

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby terdferg » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:03 am

The drop towers could definitely go on the back side. The support structure for Ka is a triangular shape, so if placed on the backside, they would face away from each other, and possibly need some sort of extra engineering for minimal support near the top of the towers. If Intamin can do it with their impulses, i'm sure they could minimally support a drop tower.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:43 am

First post!

Im concerned we are all forget the problems that Kingda Ka had in the beginning. They had to close half the queue because of "Intamin Cable" issues. Why would they now allow the GP paths go right over to that section? Also, I find it hard to believe that we would see it on the back of the tower, there would be no view of the park from there to give you an idea on scale of how high you are going!

Now, if they did put it facing the park on the inside of the towers triangle, I think that could be cool!

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby nitro4ever » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:27 am

Brassinthegrass wrote:First post!

Im concerned we are all forget the problems that Kingda Ka had in the beginning. They had to close half the queue because of "Intamin Cable" issues. Why would they now allow the GP paths go right over to that section? Also, I find it hard to believe that we would see it on the back of the tower, there would be no view of the park from there to give you an idea on scale of how high you are going!

Now, if they did put it facing the park on the inside of the towers triangle, I think that could be cool!

A drop tower in the center of KK's tower would be cool, I'm surprised no one has come up with that idea until now because it would probably work better than most of the other alternatives. No supports run through the center of the tower so the space is pretty much unobstructed. The park could probably also use Kingda Ka's old queue because the drop tower would not require the queue to go under the launch track.

BTW-Welcome to TPR!
Yeah, I made my username before I rode I305.....

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:47 am

I'd be a little nervous about drop towers on TTD/KK. The structure on Superman/ TOT seems to fit just right in supporting the additional weight...I'm no structural engineer but I'll believe it when I see it.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coaster_Fanatic » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:13 am

Am I the only one that thinks putting a drop tower on Kingda Ka would look hideous??
My Top 5 Coasters - 1). El Toro 2). Intimidator 305 3). Thunderhead 4). Kingda Ka 5). Apollo's Chariot

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby crazywolf88 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:34 am

My family and some friends are looking to spend a day at the park on Monday. Forecast calls for scattered thunderstorms and a 40% chance of rain. We already purchased the 3 day advance tickets for this date. So...

1.Is it worth it/a good idea to go on this date?(We can reschedule)

2.What is a good plan of attack?

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:25 am

[quote="crazywolf88"1.Is it worth it/a good idea to go on this date?(We can reschedule)

2.What is a good plan of attack?[/quote]

1 - Yes, it's a good idea. The forecast will keep the crowds well away. Plus, it's a Monday, so you won't have to worry about early weekenders like on a Thursday or Friday.

2 - Well, so long as they're running, go straight to SkyScreamer (line crawls) and then Kingda Ka, or vice versa. Kingda Ka probably won't open until 1pm anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep an eye on it when you get there. After that get Green Lantern since it gets a good line being "new" (read: transplant) and you also want to get to Dark Knight, you know, if you enjoy boxed mouses with broken effects. Don't worry about Nitro and El Toro's lines. Those things are people eaters. Bizzaro, though, will look as though the line is 5 minutes but it will actually be 45 because the crew on that ride is the absolute worst I have ever witnessed. Seriously, they're slower than molasses in winter.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!